Skipping Private

Thanks to everyone for the help so far. Gonna start the actual flight training tomorrow (after flight physical). Here's the question:

I've read on the forums, and talked to a few CFI's, and they all say the same thing: That I can skip the private and go straight to Commercial (my military flight time more than covers the requirements). HOWEVER, I just read in 61.123 (h) that I have to hold PPL unless I meet the quals in 61.73....What do you fells think?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Sir, Your time 'll count towards meeting all requirements of FAR for Private, Commercial, however You shall pass written, knowledge test for Private, Commercial, Instrument and skiping only flight time required go in the same day for Private and Commercial.

The best part that You shouldn;t be required go on those long hours cross country or night - just refresh Your skills.

Find local DPE or just storm into FSDO and talk with Inspector.

You almost there - and always read FAR and choose the way!

Cordially,

igor.

Okay, so I went back and looked at 61.73 again. Seems I misunderstood what it was trying to say....I think. FAR 61.73 states that a former military pilot can apply for a commercial pilot certificate. Think was, I didn't think that I qualified as a former military pilot. Common sense dictated that I was, just wasn't sure how I fit into the FAR's. So, having said that, I go out, get some 'refresher' training, study my tail off, go take a checkride, and voila'...done. That the way yall see it? Thanks for your help guys!

Mike

Find local DPE or just storm into FSDO and talk with Inspector.

Cordially,

igor.

When I read this part, I got a picture in my head where he'd STORM into the FSDO like Rambo with an M-60 yelling and all, brass flying all over the place, holes in the walls and ceiling. The gun runs out and the lady at the desk looks up and asks, "May I help you"?, in a calm librarian-like voice.

The inspector runs out with his certificate, saying "Sorry for the delay, here's your certificate. Have a nice day".

He leaves the FSDO looking puzzled at what happened-scratching his head.

Sorry, the vioces in my head told me to share that.

Later

When you pass the I-105 overpass, wave to the right. But by the time you read this, it'll be too late, so don't worry about it. I'll just wave to the south.

Later