Kinda getting discouraged

Well here it is. I just recently found this website and wished I knew about it before I took the AFAST test. Anyways, I scored a 99 on the AFAST and I have a GT score of 113. I have read others asking what their chances were. The reason why i say I'm kinda discouraged now is because if those individuals who have a 129 AFAST scoe with a 118 GT score are asking what their chances are then I really don't think I have a chance. Here is my question, does anyone know somebody that got selected with a score like mine. Thank You.

I flew in combat with a very good Army Aviator that barely passed the AFAST. You can retake the ASVAB (study this time) and do better on the GT to make up for the AFAST.

The first obstacle to getting into IERW is the application process.

Look here, APTAP.org, and www.kiowapilots.com. Do lots of searches on the websites first, then ask questions. Asking questions that have been answered ad infinitum is looked upon very poorly at some of the websites.

Good Luck and NEVER QUIT!

One thing about the Army : They will take just about anybody into flight school, literally. I've seen some pilots that I just thought there was no possible way they could have graduated flight school, because they just came off as the dumbest people on the face of the earth. So if people like those could get accepted, you have nothing to worry about. Just be confident with everything, put together a good resume, and submit it. If it doesn't get accepted, keep submitting it until it does. It takes some people 5, 6 times. Just keep at it, and you'll eventually get in.

thank you for the support... that really boosted my motivation alot. I'm in the process of getting my interim secret first and then i should be good. I past my Flight Physical and i'm just in need of a CW3-CW5 Flight warrant LOR... Its kinda hard to get an interview while deployed here at Camp Bucca. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
You can retake the ASVAB (study this time) and do better on the GT to make up for the AFAST.

Not according to the WO recruiting web page:

"The ASVAB is administered for new recruits entering the military and the AFCT (Armed Forces Classification Test) is used to test Soldiers already on active duty. If you are an active duty Soldier and would like to raise your GT score, you will have to take the AFCT at your installation’s authorized testing facility. Do not re-take the ASVAB and do not contact the MEPS, the wrong test will be administered if given at all."

here:

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_GT.html

Not according to the WO recruiting web page:

"The ASVAB is administered for new recruits entering the military and the AFCT (Armed Forces Classification Test) is used to test Soldiers already on active duty. If you are an active duty Soldier and would like to raise your GT score, you will have to take the AFCT at your installation’s authorized testing facility. Do not re-take the ASVAB and do not contact the MEPS, the wrong test will be administered if given at all."

here:

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_GT.html

Thanks for the clarification. I came in off the street 10+ years ago and didn't know you couldn't just retake the ASVAB. The good news is that hew came still raise his GT score.

I also recently tested for WOFT at MEPS, even though i scored a 126 AFAST i only scored a 109GT. (math skills own me :huh: )

Naturally the recruiters told me i can not retest, and i should

'just join" for this or that, yadda yadda yadda.

Well, i waited acouple of weeks and called to retrieve my pilot log book, and now my recruiter wants me to retake the ASVAB. No real ryhm or reason. So i'm studying like crazy.

Im also civilian. Street to Seat baby B)