Windward Helicopter crew?

JoanJet

Can't hurt the helo industry, especially all the future pilots wanna be's....not to mention Lynn Tilton should be happy getting a free showcase of her ships.

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

If you can stomach the over-dramatization that's a prerequisite for "entertainment" TV, it looks like this might be an interesting show, with at least a lot of good aerial footage of helicopters, not to mention Maui scenery. Probably all of us with actual helicopter pilot ratings will be cringing at the inaccuracies and oversimplification that television producers always seem to smother technical topics with, but maybe (!) pilots who are the subjects of the show will keep it on the same island as reality. :D I think I'd like to watch a couple episodes at least to see how it compares with the old "Whirlybirds" show from the '50s. I'm sure you all remember the thrilling adventures of Chuck and P.T. in their Bell 47, right? B)

There's another trailer and a synopsis of the first few episodes on the TruTV site www.trutv.com , but what they don't tell you (or at least not anywhere that I can find) is what cable or satellite providers carry TruTV. Living 'way beyond where the sidewalk ends, as I do, the only way to get any TV at all is via satellite dish, and Dish Network (and DirecTV, too) apparently don't carry TruTV programming.

Aw, shucks, as the saying goes...

Maybe one of you closet Ebert types will watch and post a review?

might be a good time to get into TV advertising for all you flight school guys. Just think of all those SSH sob stories that started with "I saw their commercial on TV....."

Also codger you might be able to catch episodes on HULU.COM. For some miraculous reason they've got just about every TV show on there, most in HD. I love it.

Probably all of us with actual helicopter pilot ratings will be cringing at the inaccuracies and oversimplification that television producers always seem to smother technical topics with

You mean like what the "fast and furious" movies did for us "import tuners"??

There's another trailer and a synopsis of the first few episodes on the TruTV site www.trutv.com , but what they don't tell you (or at least not anywhere that I can find) is what cable or satellite providers carry TruTV. Living 'way beyond where the sidewalk ends, as I do, the only way to get any TV at all is via satellite dish, and Dish Network (and DirecTV, too) apparently don't carry TruTV programming.

According to Wikipedia, TruTv is on

DirecTV Channel 246

Channel 1246 (VOD)

Dish Network Channel 204

I'll be looking to hulu to save the day. i wonder how long after the episode airs I will have to wait to see them on hulu.

Watching the first episode now on my DVR from the other night. Interesting show. I am not a pilot (yet) so I won't comment on the piloting. As a viewer who wants to be a pilot, though, it is a reality show for sure. Some of it is probably a little hyped up for the cameras but owning and operating an aviation company probably isn't the easiest thing to do.

The first episode: A 12-year pilot, Manny, rescued a stranded windsurfer, and got a job offer for a sheriff SAR. The owner, Don, is not happy about it. Dean, another pilot, didn't put the water on a fire fast enough. Don looks like a tough boss to work for, but is a pilot himself (21,000 hours his wife says). Little bit of drama!

Edited by DakarNick