Bored in Los Angeles

saintmaximus

Hi all

I'm in L.A. for the holidays and I'm driving my wife crazy. She refuses to listen to my longwinded, boring, pointless helicopter stories anymore. So if there is anyone in L.A. who enjoys being bored to the point of suicide by endless stories of helicopters, and helicopter flying, send me a PM. I might even shut up occasionally and let you tell a story of your own. I am staying in West Covina but I spend a lot of time in the San Fernando Valley.

Andrew

Andrew, I'm in the west valley all the time, I fly out of VNY. The latest weather is rain in the morning, and I have a date with the old Bell 47 at 4pm Saturday....hopefully it's cleared up a bit by then.

Youre close to El Monte and Brackett..you should wander over and check out the airports.

Goldy

I dislike El Monte! Brackett, I like ok!

But I have a few reasons to hate El Monte =p

Be patient with the controllers at EMT, they seem to train the new ones there !

Had one launch a fixed wing off R 19 just as I was transitioning across the end of the runway. I had been talking to the controller for 10 minutes prior....anyway, they use the John Wayne radar feed there....so if you fly below 2500 MSL..they can't see you.....so just report your position AND altitude..that helps them.

I find them both very nice...in fact all the local towers are pretty cool.....ok...I'll give you Long Beach !

Goldy

If I recall, doesn't El Monte have a radio tower that is on the approach/deperature end of one of the runways? I think I recall it on one of my solo trips last year. But I liked flying into Brackett when it came to towered airports, and most importantly the breakfast meets with Goldy, Rob and the others!

If I recall, doesn't El Monte have a radio tower that is on the approach/deperature end of one of the runways? I think I recall it on one of my solo trips last year. But I liked flying into Brackett when it came to towered airports, and most importantly the breakfast meets with Goldy, Rob and the others!

Yepp, there are a couple towers about 300AGL up by the gravel pits on the North side of the airport...and of course the giant water tank just west of departing on 19..

Been a while since we've done a Los Angeles area helicopter breakfast run....I loved it when we would overwhelm the tower with helo traffic inbound!!

TwinAir is moving to CMA next week, so they will be dark until first week of Jan....maybe we schedule something then ? Of course, none of this helps St. Maximus who is bored in LA !

Goldy

CMA? I looked that one up on Airnav and it came up with a VOR/DME at Camarillo, but no airport.

That's the one- KCMA/CMA...at least the new hangar is next to the restaurant !!! Ohyeah, It's also where Chuck Aaron of Red Bull fame has his office...so its not all bad !

Goldy

Hey Goldy and Maximus..just wanted to let you both know that even though Twin Air is moving, I am available anytime over the next couple of weeks for R22 or R44 flights. I will be gone Dec 25-27th, but available any other time. You can call my cell 310-210-1791 to schedule a flight

Hey Goldy and Maximus..just wanted to let you both know that even though Twin Air is moving, I am available anytime over the next couple of weeks for R22 or R44 flights. I will be gone Dec 25-27th, but available any other time. You can call my cell 310-210-1791 to schedule a flight

ok great...so who the heck are you ? Last I checked I didnt know any bunnies....and I only have one uncle.

So, do I get the same rate from you that I pay TwinAir??

Clue me in..

Goldy

Of course you know uncle bunny. Heres his pic...

bunny_pancake.jpg

Oh heck, I remember you. Why didn't you say something. Let's go flying tomorrow night after the storm moves thru....maybe I can have you...I mean, take you to dinner. (I love rabbits)

Uncle Bunny's bunny pic was up on my computer - my wife checked her email quickly and the bunny photo came up. Suddenly her interest was high regarding a helicopter site --"thought it was all heli pics and boring stuff". Now she wants another ride in the heli.

We have a pet bunny (came with the wife) that chases our 2 big Australian Shepherds around the house...so it is a common theme around here.

Uncle Bunny works wonders!

Thanks Uncle Bunny.

derek