DNR - Helmet required

Falko

I am about to get carded by the DNR and they also require you to wear a helmet. So far I just have used my DAVID CLARK headset, therefore I have only little knowledge about helmets.

I saw lots of pilots with GENTEX SPH-4 / SPH-5 helmets. But the thing is I am 6' 7" tall and the SPH-4 series seems to be a very think helmet.

Yesterday I was looking at Gentex HGU 33/ HGU 55 / HGU 84 helmets and they seem to be smaller and thinner (compared to a SPH4 / SPH-5 helmet)

What helmet would you recommend for " fire-fighting " work ?

Besides, at the end I need to remove the thick seat cushion out of the B206 anyway to be able to sit straight up, regardless with what kind of helmet I will fly with.

I guess the problem is not the helmet, it’s the 206 for tall guys like me :)

Thanks for your help guys !

Falko

I use the Alpha eagle, like it well - but it has not stood up to the abuse of every day use very well

been in for repair 2 times in 5 seasons-- wiring, plug, volume control.

I also Like the Gallet but $$$ -----some of the taller guys on staff are using the Gallet and seem to like it.

Utility work you will most always use a helmet, so take time to get one that wears well

8-12 hours and you will know what I mean!! ;)

I think door on or off matters too. I was using the Oregon Aero low profile seat in the 206L with a bubble window and I couldn't fit with my helmet (SPH-4). I'd hit the door trying to lean out.

Door off with a standard seat, I could get my head out, but I had to duck. Was no problem with the OA seat. I'm 6' tall, average build.

I'm wondering if that David Clark helmet thingy might qualify as an alternative to the other hardhats. DC calls it a helmet, might it be of use?

Later