External Load Training

diverturnedpilot

I don't have any UH-1 time, but I'll look them up.

You'll get the UH-1 time. Not a hard transition. Easy machine to fly. You'll get comfortable pretty quick.

I spoke with your school today. It's great training. Just what I'm looking for. I have no interest in dragging around a tire with an R22. I want training that I can go to work with. After 22 years as a Navy Diver, I know the value of actual training; not just an endorsment in my log book. I want something that an employer will value!

I was hoping to be able to use my VA benefits. The cost is more than I budgeted for, but it will be worth every penny. I'll find a way to get there.

Thanks for the information,

Brad

Wise Guy,

I am a Navy Diver that is about to retire.

I learned to fly helicopters in 2000. I am now an 1100 hour commercial/CFI. I have done very little teaching. I got lucky and was in the right place at the right time to do a lot of boat race work, as well as tours, and I fly as a reserve officer with our Sheriff's Air Dept. I have gotten FLIR and NVG experience while doing so. I am very lucky to have the experience that I do.

I plan on going to the GOM for a little while to build up some offshore experience and some more turbine time also. I have another year before I retire so I want to get my IFR, External Load, etc. during that time so when I finally punch out of the Navy I have the experience I need.

That being said. My goal is to work for a SAR type operation such as STARFLIGHT RESCUE or HENRY ONE. So, I need to add external load/bambi bucket ops to my tool bag.

That's the cliff notes...

Brad

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I trained with MarPat and was their first Long Line Grad... I would recomend them time and time again. Mike and Joe, Joes is the chief pilot and instructor is AMAZINGLY knowledgeable! I loved every second of the class and leaned more there then in any of my other training!

Long time no post BM must be busy how is the faa thing going? progress I hope.

Nice to see the students giving you glowing reports, hope to have a holiday next year and visit

EASA are up to no good in Europe trying to change regs for all helicopters with no regard to size or use.

Have a quick look regarding changes they are trying to get through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read consultation docs.

http://www.hcgb.co.uk/

CAA FAA EASA :angry: