Fire Bucket - Which one?

LN-OMZ

I'm about to buy a fire-bucket for our MD520, and are in doubt on which one to get.... I've used the Bambi bucket with our AS350B2 and were happy with that, but just want to check our options out there. This new bucket will only be used as back up, and maybe only once every other year.

Any suggestions?

Thank's.

I've used both in the 300 gallon version with a UH-1 and the 2,000 gallon version with the CH-47 and I would go with the bambi for weight, adjustability and operation. The only advantage to the simplex is if your going to make multiple drops with one load which I doubt you'll be doing with a 520.

Edited by Darkhorse

I used a Bambi for about 7 or 8 fire seasons and then tried a Waterhog. I was amazed at how much easier it made life for me. It is variable opening and can be manipulated to make multiple drops out of one bucket. A huge advantage was being able to let some water out when trying to get it out of the dipsite with a full bag of fuel. I have never used the Bambi with a Torrentula valve but I understand it works in a similar way. Also never used a Simplex bucket, only their tank so my knowledge is limited.

The Waterhog is made in Australia and I know they make a small one for the JetRanger so I am sure they have what you are looking for. Great product and if I buy a bucket for myself, this will be it.

Thank's for the feedback guys.

The Waterhog looks promising - a 500 liter bucket would be nice for the Notar. Just a drop in the ocean, but better that nothing.... Empty wieght is about the same as the Bambi. Just going to compare prices before deciding..

Niels.

• 3 years later...

I recently had the opportunity to use a FAST Bucket on a fire and my opinion is its the best bucket out there. You can split drops, Change the rate at which it drops, (fast,slow) you can also at the turn of a knob change the percentage 40%-100%. Only complaint is it feels a little thin and might not hold up as well as the bambi. I really enjoyed using it. my 2 cents

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...