Hanger Rates

What is the most you ever have had to pay to have a aircraft in a hanger for a night? I was in North Dakota this past weekend (not my favorite trip, -8 for a high and -25 for a low) and the GFK flight center charges $800, yes $800 a night for an aircraft. They apperently also charge $2500 a night for larger jets. The hanger is about 100' by 100'. Can you beat that rate?

Sounds like a rip-off to me. But i wonder what it costs to heat a big hanger like that to above freezing...especially when its neg25?

Back in the day when i pumped fuel in denver it seems like we charged $200 for a citation/lear35 sized a/c....And i thought that was outrageous!

Did you(your company) pay the $800?

You should DEFINITELY go after them since they definitely gouged you. What a rip.

I look forward to hearing more about what your results will be. I called my brother, who lives in MN and has a heli friend, who said he's heard of $400 but was shocked by $800.

• 2 weeks later...

Hanger Rape, I mean Rate update. After A 2 week long battle with the FBO, and many arguments. The credited us back with $1400. The would still leav the hanger rate at $450 a night. Which is better than it was, but come on. I know we will not be stoping in there anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on what you are flying, $450 seems a bit steep. An S-76 in California will get about $100-$300 a night. Depends on how much Fuel you bought, GPU/APU service catering etc.

Next time you are in ND, call AL Palmer at the University of North Dakota. The school is pretty good to deal with. Al is the Director of Flight Ops, and a great guy.

Might help for the next time out.

Best of Luck

Chris