Blackhawk crash

deerock

I hope the rest of the injured recover.

The first comment on that link is by an ex-UH-60 mechanic who diagnoses it as a failed driveshaft, however it would've spun in the other direction. It seems more likely that there was a T/R control cable failure or some sort of T/R hydraulic failure. We'll know in a couple months.

Edited by Linc

The 1st Lt. that passed lived only about 50 miles from me. Kinda unsettling someone so close to me. I have driven by his parents business over there. He was only 22 years old and graduated T A&M last year. You never know when your number is up. Had a friend loose her second grand daughter last Friday, she was only 17 years old, car wreck.

Take Care everyone..

The first comment on that link is by an ex-UH-60 mechanic who diagnoses it as a failed driveshaft, however it would've spun in the other direction. It seems more likely that there was a T/R control cable failure or some sort of T/R hydraulic failure. We'll know in a couple months.

If a heli loses its TR, won't the airframe will spin "with" the roation of the main rotor... not?? Like the pictures show counter-clockwise.

Or am i mistaken?

Edited by 1badz32

Tragic. With the redundancy in all the systems on the UH-60, I'm very currious to see what caused this. I just hope that it wasn't something stupid like someone not accounting for all their tools. RIP brothers.