Heli-Expo 09' Roll Call

clay

I'm getting 2 day-passes from a friend who works for FDC/Aerofilter.

Lodging, I'm not sure. My friend works @ Disneyland, and gets discounts on rooms. So, I might stay there. Not sure yet!

But, I'm planning on driving from the SF area down there bright and early Friday morning.

-Tawler

I'll be chasing you on my bike.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Future, the convention center is co-located with the Hilton, and there are at least 3 other hotels easily within walking distance. I think there's a Mariott Courtyard, and the Portofino are close if I recall correctly. The Convention center is at Harbor/Katella, so anything near that intersection would be close.

Time to boot this topic back to the top..

The Expo officially starts Sat night at the welcome reception. Just bring a business card and you can get in free. Its really an awesome event in itself....You have to buy your own beer however.

Heli-expo exhibit floor opens at 11 am on Sunday, I was thinking we could have a VR get together Sunday night at a local pub...most should have flown in by then, not everyone will be there for Sat night.

I'll pick a spot and a time , hope to see you all there.

Goldy

just finished my advanced registration. I'll have to snag a business card from my friend @ FDC/Aerofilter...or Bristow. one of those :).

sounds good, Goldy. I don't know my way around Anaheim, or LA though ..so :P.

edit: just booked @ "Best Western Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange ".

Edited by Tawler

As EC120AV8R said I will be there for the duration. Are we panning a dinner night? Hope to put some VR names to faces. Palm, hope you work it out for Helistream. It will be good to see you again.

Sorry Jeff, I just booked my training and I'm not coming down until the end of March.

Heres one for you locals- how big of a pain in the @$$ is it to get from LAX to Anaheim without renting a car? They want an extra $400 to fly into John Wayne from the east coast and I dont want or need to rent a car.

EDIT: nevermind- god bless expedia

Edited by HelliBoy

Heres one for you locals- how big of a pain in the @$$ is it to get from LAX to Anaheim without renting a car? They want an extra $400 to fly into John Wayne from the east coast and I dont want or need to rent a car.

EDIT: nevermind- god bless expedia

Without renting a car? You can get a cab or a shuttle, but both of those cost some serious money... Especially for the distance (pretty close to 40 miles). I would say your best bet is to see if anyone else is stuck going into LAX or bribe a local with promises of free beer to come pick you up.

J-

I'm a local. I have a car. I like beer ;) .. But really, if I CAN, I'd be happy to help a couple of you with a pick up from LAX. I live 10 minutes or so away. I have a small car however (VW Bug) so don't pack heavy. No promises as of yet, but I can see what I can do.

Looks like Sunday for me ONLY....

Maybe anyone on that day or days to follow....add your cell phone to this posting, VR name, real name, so everyone has the cel #'s??

I'll go first:

Rotor91/Rob 310-408-9836

Looks like Sunday for me ONLY....

Maybe anyone on that day or days to follow....add your cell phone to this posting, VR name, real name, so everyone has the cel #'s??

I'll go first:

Rotor91/Rob 310-408-9836

OK then,

Goldy/Goldy (or Steve) 818-652-1145

See you guys/gals Sunday.

BTW- I did confirm that with a letter or student ID, the cost to get in is only $10 bucks !

Goldy

OK then,

Goldy/Goldy (or Steve) 818-652-1145

See you guys/gals Sunday.

BTW- I did confirm that with a letter or student ID, the cost to get in is only $10 bucks !

Goldy

Alex and I will be there Sunday and Monday, hopefully with a couple of the other guys from school too.

Dane 805-915-7213