Heli-Expo 09' Roll Call

clay

Tawler/Tyler 510-260-7591

driving down Sat morning, but will be spending the day @ Disneyland .. :) But I will be attending Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday.

I also have 1 extra pass, for someone who would like to wait in line at the door to exchange it..or whatever.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies, I did end up getting a flight into John Wayne though so no need for a car. I'll be in town for "Flying in the Wire Environment" class on Sat, leavin on the redeye on mon.

If anyone in the know would like to suggest a bar/restaurant for Sunday or even Saturday I'm in. I'm going solo so I plan on being bored and hate having to continuously drop my pilots license on the floor in front of pretty girls at the pub.

btw- anyone else taking the 'wires' class???

Edited by HelliBoy

Thanks for the replies, I did end up getting a flight into John Wayne though so no need for a car. I'll be in town for "Flying in the Wire Environment" class on Sat, leavin on the redeye on mon.

If anyone in the know would like to suggest a bar/restaurant for Sunday or even Saturday I'm in. I'm going solo so I plan on being bored and hate having to continuously drop my pilots license on the floor in front of pretty girls at the pub.

Patrick- 315-868-4901

btw- anyone else taking the 'wires' class???

A 315 number? Where are you at? I was stationed at Fort Drum for 5 years. Heading back up there this weekend to see some friends. My girlfriend bought the tickets before I got a chance to talk to her about Heli-Expo. Leaving Friday, getting back late Monday night. Might stop by Tuesday though... We'll see.

J-

Several of you guys have asked if I will be there. Sadly I have to work. Many of you have said you'd love to see the helicopter I fly. You may be happy to know that N202CF will be on display this year! In case you don't know. Tri-State CareFlight flies Agusta A119K and A109 Power with a A119KE. We are the largest operator of EMS A119s from what I am told.

So, check it out and let me know what you think! I looked to see if I had a picture but couldn't find one.

JD

A 315 number? Where are you at? I was stationed at Fort Drum for 5 years. Heading back up there this weekend to see some friends. My girlfriend bought the tickets before I got a chance to talk to her about Heli-Expo. Leaving Friday, getting back late Monday night. Might stop by Tuesday though... We'll see.

J-

Ahh the teeming metropolis of Watertown...I'm down in Utica/Rome, fly out of Griffiss. Have fun, I cant tell you if it'll be warm or freezing up here though. Its 45 one day and 2 the next.

32 is freezing. 45 is just a little chilly.

Trust me- after 2.5 months of 2 degrees, 45 is down right balmy and t-shirt weather.

yip at 32 water freezes, but up here in the sub arctic of MN -10 is a little chilly, -20 is a bit nippy, -30 is quite frosty and -40 is F'n cold :D B)

yip at 32 water freezes, but up here in the sub arctic of MN -10 is a little chilly, -20 is a bit nippy, -30 is quite frosty and -40 is F'n cold :D B)

Believe me... it gets that way up at fort drum as well. I'm suprized it's not going to be below zero. I have many (un)found memories of having to set up patrol bases when it was around -20. I wonder why I was drawn back to CA?

J-

Well today was the first day of the fly in. I saw the Tri State A119 on the ramp at LGB which was the staging area. I heard there is going to be 55 helicopters on display. I saw 2 or 3 A139's and 1 S92. Basically several of just about everything you could think of. The flight to the convention center was uneventful and everything was well organized. (if you forget the part about being an hour behind schedule) All in all it was very efficient with a helicopter landing almost every 15 minutes. Be sure to stop by the FLIR booth and say hi to EC120AV8TR and I. We will be there each day.

Several of you guys have asked if I will be there. Sadly I have to work.

JD

OK, Every year LAPD used to hold an "unofficial" competition to see how far out of the city an "on duty" patrol vehicle can get.

One day the black and white showed up in Las Vegas, had their picture taken (with the appropriate bag over their heads) and RETURNED back to their patrol area before end of shift. Other units were of course, in on the ploy and were handling calls to keep the Vegas unit available.

So, I'm wondering how far you can get that A 119 this weekend? I figure its not even a tank of fuel to get out here...

So, sorry you can't make it (wink).

Goldy

Oh, you might ask whatever happened to those officers (with bag over their heads)...well, they forgot they still had nameplates and badges on, and photos can be blown up..

Oh well, I think they are both Captains now anyway.

Goldy

Goldy, never made it to Vegas, but my old partner and I have a great photo of us with our patrol car in front of the Bear Mountain ski resort, with some very nice snow all around us. We figured we could get from the beach to the snow and back (with photo for proof), and we did. Still had plenty of shift left when we got back. Ahhhh, the old days.

OK, Every year LAPD used to hold an "unofficial" competition to see how far out of the city an "on duty" patrol vehicle can get.

One day the black and white showed up in Las Vegas, had their picture taken (with the appropriate bag over their heads) and RETURNED back to their patrol area before end of shift. Other units were of course, in on the ploy and were handling calls to keep the Vegas unit available.

So, I'm wondering how far you can get that A 119 this weekend? I figure its not even a tank of fuel to get out here...

So, sorry you can't make it (wink).

Goldy

Oh, you might ask whatever happened to those officers (with bag over their heads)...well, they forgot they still had nameplates and badges on, and photos can be blown up..

Oh well, I think they are both Captains now anyway.

Goldy

Great story there Goldy! Trust me, I wish I was the one flying the A119 in.

Goldy, never made it to Vegas, but my old partner and I have a great photo of us with our patrol car in front of the Bear Mountain ski resort, with some very nice snow all around us. We figured we could get from the beach to the snow and back (with photo for proof), and we did. Still had plenty of shift left when we got back. Ahhhh, the old days.

I hope your "old" partner is your "new" boss, or you got some 'splaining to do !!

Me- I stayed in my 2.5 square miles, round and round, one greenie and hook after another! Ahhh, the old days!

Goldy

It was about three chiefs ago, so we're good.

Yeah, Chiefs come and they go ! I stopped counting Captains about 9 of them ago..

OK, so hook up time:

Sunday Feb 22, 2009

Heli-Expo

7 PM until whenever we drop.

All VR members welcome, buy your own beer....or buy me a beer, those are your options.

Territorial Saloon

Inside the Sheraton Park Hotel, just a 2 minute walk from the Convention Center

Hope to see you all there, dont be shy. If you see a really big guy walk thru the door, that would be me !!

Goldy

I hate that I won't be able to make HAI CA. But, I just received my copy of Rotor and lo and behold Heli Expo 10' is coming back to Houston.. yahoo...Already marking my calendar.

Nah, did that last year. I stayed in downtown Houston and walked 12 blocks to the convention center each day and night. Downtown Houston at night can get interesting.

OK- Dont' forget 7PM Sunday night at the Expo...