How not to fly an R22 at night

Who gave you permission to fly in my airspace ???

Seriously, you should let a couple of us know when youre going to be in town...we TRY to accomodate visiting helo pilots !

Goldy

And when they do, they do it well!

Who gave you permission to fly in my airspace ???

Seriously, you should let a couple of us know when youre going to be in town...we TRY to accomodate visiting helo pilots !

Goldy

Thanks! That's mighty kind.

Actually, I was living in Manhattan Beach for over a year, so I like to consider myself semi-native...

R22, whats the situation with civi flying/training in Israel? Maybe we could just take a gander over that direction, its been a few years since I was there and it would be fun to go back to actually do some sight seeing this time.

R22, whats the situation with civi flying/training in Israel? Maybe we could just take a gander over that direction, its been a few years since I was there and it would be fun to go back to actually do some sight seeing this time.

There's definitely an active GA community in Israel. Lots of fixed wing (mostly LSA) and a handful of helos.

What's neat about flying here is that you can land a helo anywhere it makes sense.

I'd be happy to fly with you when you visit.

Wow. Thanks for sharing...

I'm in the process of writing a "Never Again"... This summer I survived an inadvertant IMC encounter and plan to share one of these days. It was a series of mistakes and I plan on sharing the "decision chain" that led to the event.

I am IFR fixed with and a CFI-I(H) but nothing prepares you for that encounter.