Heli-Ops & the Aussies

Goldy

Came home from flying and had an email from the Heli-Ops folks down under. The fires there have hit way too close to home...

"As some of you will know I am also very much involved with Jetsprinting here downunder. Well yesterday we lost one of our jetsprint fraternity in the Australian bushfires, killed when he was trying to escape from the fires, leaving behind a wife and family. Steve is just one of over 100 people killed so far in the fires and they are not finished yet, not by a long shot. Phil Dixon, my partner in the True Blue jetsprint team lost all his property but his house and family were spared, which we are thankful for. And there are thousands of others who have lost everything they own.

We are starting a fund raising venture to help all those who werent so lucky. The proceeds of every subscription that comes in for any of my magazines including H2O Full Throttle, HeliOps and Helitac is going to the bush fire appeal so I would like to ask you all to consider subscribing to the magazine, either for yourself or your friends, or both. Our goal is to raise $100,000 so anything you can do is appreciated. Please also pass this around to everyone else you know and I thank you for your help. Here are the links to the three mags.

H2O Full Throttle - https://www.h2ofullthrottle.com/subscribe.php

HeliOps - https://www.heliopsmag.com/subscribe.html

HeliTac - https://www.helitacmag.com/subscribe.html

Now we can subscribe to a great magazine and help out some friends in the process.

Goldy

We had our turn a few months ago, and now its Australia's sadly. I know of serveral firefighters (myself included) that are ready/willing to jump on a plane and go, gear is ready as well. Though I did read a few reports that some US personel are heading down as we speak, not sure of the numbers or which agency, but it will be a drop in the bucket to whats going on.

I have been watching the situation unfold and I thought we had it bad here in NorCal when the lightening fires hit, but its nothing in comparison to the fire front in Australia. The fire brigades down under are getting there asses handed to them on a silver plate. My prayers and thoughts go out to all of them!

The fires there are now the worst in history. The worst drought in a century, 117 degree temps, strong winds all combined for some really devastating results. My whole family lives there, though not in Victoria thankfully. My parents nearly lost their house in 2003 when dozens of houses in the surrounding streets and neighborhoods burnt to the ground. I recall, during one fire, hearing a series of loud explosions that I later found out the source of - a guy up the street was a car collector and the explosions were the fuel tanks exploding as his shop (and house) burnt down. They get some crazy wild fires down there, and yet there are still morons who through cigarette butts out their windows...