has anyone tried this testprep method?

ASA virtual testprep....it makes all of the same claims as the regular testprep only you watch it on a set of DVD's then you also study the normal book some too. It is made by ASA....the big question is:

Has anyone tried it? What do you think?

I'm thinking of getting it for my commercial prep since I have the 07 commercial prep book and need a new one anyway.

-SOK

I used the helicopter-specific portion for my PPL. It was really good for reviewing the maneuvers in my free time and it was set up in a very user-friendly, easy to understand manner. I can't vouch for the rest of the course, but I was definately glad I got the helicopter portion!

J-

I paid $120 for my Commercial set but that came with 6 DVD's, the book(and computer reference), computer test program, and the helicopter dvd as well...oh and shipping too. So far I'm really liking it.

I used the ASA dvds for private/instr/comm/cfi/cfii. WAY more complete and efficient than the books. Didn't even buy the books after Private. $50 a pop but worth it in my opinion.

I feel that with the price we pay for ground and everything else it more than pays for it's self if it saves you some time anywhere else. When you paid $50 you say you didn't have a book? What did you use to reference the charts for the practice questions? For example when it says "See figure 5" I suppose it must come with that booklet huh?

I feel that with the price we pay for ground and everything else it more than pays for it's self if it saves you some time anywhere else. When you paid $50 you say you didn't have a book? What did you use to reference the charts for the practice questions? For example when it says "See figure 5" I suppose it must come with that booklet huh?

My thoughts exactly. What's $250 when you pay $50k for the whole deal?? Worth it without even blinking. The software provides a pop up figure which I really considered fine unless it was a chart, in which case it was next to useless. But I also had someone else's entire training library from 1998-2003, so I just used the old booklets cuz they don't come with the DVD. I guess they must like their pop-up graphics but how can you flight plan on the computer screen?!?! Anyway, NOTHING has changed and the old booklets did the trick. :)