headset question for yall

Yamer

um... hmmm... what to say to that... ARFF shouldnt even be called firefighting... all they do is sit there in the cab and move a joystick to spray the water where they want... LAZY!!! dont get me wrong... it still sounds like fun to me but i dont think its better then actually getting out there and breaking stuff and FEELING the heat...

You need to be around jet fuel, magnesium or hydrazine burning ifn you want heat! You still pull a hard hose or soft line on large airframes IF you get to it in time. You must not be familuar with the USAF firefighting. We have both structure and ARFF's, just more ARFF's tho. Crew's switch between structure and ARFF's on each shift most of the time. Oh, don't forget the guy driving the skid truck with the purple k and halon. Or the brush trucks. There's plenty heat to go round.

We had a crew run a brand new Oshkosh into a jet fuel practice fire, melted the whole front off the little 4x4 ARFF 250k dollar truck. The fire chief was pissed to say the lest.

I fixed them anyways, either, not crewed them.

that's one thing i've never been near or seen in person. jet fuel on fire. ill have to give it a try.

can only picture the chief banging his head on the desk... lol hilarious. at least no one got hurt.

that's one thing i've never been near or seen in person. jet fuel on fire. ill have to give it a try.

can only picture the chief banging his head on the desk... lol hilarious. at least no one got hurt.

I've seen jet fuel on fire. avgas too! actually, i've been IN the fire. its no fun...

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the Halo and I love it.

I did have a problem the first one I received was totally non functional some goof in the wiring I'm guessing. but I E-mailed them and they sent another no questions asked it arrived two days latter and works wonderfully it is quiet and comfortable what more could you want in a headset? and their customer service is some of the best I have ever encountered.

I could not be happier.

http://www.quiettechnologies.com/