Thinking of Selling my R44 for Enstrom 480B

Ya, what gives!? When do we get to see all of the pictures of the improvements and mods you are going to do! Tons of room in a 480 for all kinds of toys!

Sorry - I think I forgot to fill everyone in ....

I did finally buy a bird that burns Jet A...its has a 4 bladed main rotor system, glass cockpit and even an autopilot. Still cannot figure out how to hover in it yet, but I am working on it...

3424993489_a5955e5f75.jpg 3425804492_df0eb18ccd.jpg3425806414_54ddc28898.jpg

And yes, I still have my wonderful R44...going on 400 hours in her now!!

Sorry - I think I forgot to fill everyone in ....

I did finally buy a bird that burns Jet A...its has a 4 bladed main rotor system, glass cockpit and even an autopilot. Still cannot figure out how to hover in it yet, but I am working on it...

post-12335-1241045112_thumb.jpg post-12335-1241045118_thumb.jpgpost-12335-1241045123_thumb.jpg

And yes, I still have my wonderful R44...going on 400 hours in her now!!

WOW!! Wanna adopt me??

• 1 year later...

Now you've come to your senses!

The 480B is a GREAT helicopter. You will love a 480B! Extremely easy to fly, forgiving, easy to maintain, etc.

If you want to know anything and everything about a 480B, call Roger Sharkey in NH. 603-298-8728

I've bought three ships from Roger. Roger is brutally honest and his customer service is the best in the biz, even after the sale. He will even give advice to you on a machine you bought from someone else.

john

New to the Forum so please bear with me until I get used to the system.

I personally know Roger Sharkey and am proud to call him a very good friend and business associate. I have bought 2 piston Enstroms from him, taken flight instruction, met his wonderful family and had supper with them all and am currently buying a 480B from him. He has proven himself to me several times and I could not begin to recommend anyone more highly than Roger. The presale relationship is great and the post sale cooperation is the world's best. They run a very tight ship there at Sharkey's in total professionality. The product can't be beat if you're buying an Enstrom and they are the best in the business if it's a Bell product you're interested in. My insurance company has worked many times in conjunction with Roger and I have attended several insurance sponsored seminars put on by Roger. I have instructed my office to cooperate with Roger no matter what he asks for as he is one of the most honest business men I have ever dealt with. If you're ocnsidering and Enstrom or a Bell product do not hesitate to contact Sharkey's helicopter with confidence that you WILL get what you bargain for and probably a lot more. Please feel free to contact me at any time for further information if required.

Bob Redmond CFI, CFII A&P, IA 719-359-1371

• 8 months later...

Hey Everyone -

After a year with my R44 and lots of upgrades, I am still looking at a turbine ship.

After poking around online and looking at the deals, I have really looked hard at the 480B. I have talked to several people with time in them and gotten their take, but I was really hoping for some unbiased advice from anyone here that flies them all the time.

Besides the obvious cost increase to fly it, is it a good ship? How does it compare to a used 206? There are a few low time ships out there that are just a few years old as opposed to the many high time 206s out there.

I talked to three shops and from what I have been told they are reliable, smooth machines that pilots and mechanics seem to like, low overhead in the maintenance department and overall a nice ship to own.

Thanks In Advance !

B)

Got a good friend that sells ships and is looking for a R-44, think he still is a Enstrom dealer if your looking for a new one. Maybe if your serious about parting ways with your R-44 you two can get together, Call Neal at Tomlinson Aviation in Ormond Fl. Try 386-676-2819. Tell him John in Alabama said call. He may have a lead on a used one also