Aviation Science Degree

ross

Ah, to attend or not to attend, that is the question. But come on, you know just as well as anyone else that a college degree cannot hurt your prospects. It shows you're at least halfway dialed-in and focused. It shows you can stick with something that isn't easy and occasionally really aggravating for four or five years and not quit. It shows that you might actually be able to spell correctly and represent whatever company you work for in a professional manner.

I hesitantly agree with fry, although not because of his abrasive tone. If you're going to get a degree, get one in a real field. Not that ERAU's aviation science degree isn't.... but he's right. If you lose your medical, if you find out you're afraid of heights, if you can't deal with the stress of aviation, or if it's just NOT for you, what on earth are you going to do? You gotta eat, and while McDonalds is always hiring, it's not exactly the dream career that will allow you the lifestyle you're accustomed to.

Either way, when I get a chance, I'm going to finish my degree in finance. One just never knows in this field. You are always one heartbeat, one bad driver, one careless maneuver from unemployment in this field. Bear that in mind.

Oh I'm not saying there aren't. I dunno, I just think if the guy has options outside of aviation, it may not hurt to at least consider them.