Instructing in other makes and models

The only requirement I can find seems to be 15 hours in cat & class. Am I missing something? Does the FAA say since I can instruct in an R-22 then I can instruct in a 300c also?

I know the insurance companies require some time in make and model but I don't know how much.

Jerry

adam32 is correct. if you look at FAR 61.195 (f) it states;

(f) Training received in a multiengine airplane, a helicopter, or a powered-lift. A flight instructor may not give training required for the issuance of a certificate or rating in a multiengine airplane, a helicopter, or a powered-lift unless that flight instructor has at least 5 flight hours of pilot-in-command time in the specific make and model of multiengine airplane, helicopter, or powered-lift, as appropriate.

Hope this helps;

Steve

AFIRM.. I did it. started in enstrom F-28a's, did all ratings, started teaching at a school with 280c's, then moved to another school that a 280fx, and a couple 300's, now we have a r-44 as well. keep on plugging away and you'll be able to teach in anything! (thats my goal)