Pilot PA-86AH Helicopter Amplified Cell Phone/MP3 Adapter

I am thinking about investing in an MP3 headset adapter and it seems like there are a lot of crappy ones out there. I don't want to waste my time and money. I would like one that only feeds to my headset, has good volume control, and cut's out properly during radio calls or when someone breaks squelch. I was looking at the Pilot PA-86AH Helicopter Amplified Cell Phone/mp3 Adapter, has anyone tried it? I have a Bose Aviation X headset if that helps.

this is what I use works just fine. Kinda old school with the new bluetooth ones out.

But I use a Iphone and the stupid Iphone bluetooth is only cals no music so if I go

bluetooth i wont have music witch wont work.

http://www.cellset.com/ is the 1 i use

I have heard this works good http://www.marvgolden.com/headsets/safetyc.htm

Old school is fine, I only want it for MP3 anyway, I don't need bluetooth, I mostly just send a text on the ground anyway. The main thing I want is to listen to my Ipod and not interfere with communications. How much do those Cellset ones run?

iPhone's new software update coming out this summer is supposed to unlock the bluetooth chip to allow A2DP which will allow streaming music along with the usual calls. Supposedly they are also allowing syncing with your computer this way, too.

Here is a list of some of the features in the new OS coming up: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/...and-ipod-touch/

It's cool if people want to discuss fun technology but I really just need a model # for something I can listen to my Ipod through a wired connection that sounds good and does not interfere with communication. I don't want to go through the trial and error of returns. Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Any updates? I'd also like to get an iPhone adapter. I'd like to use it for music, calls on the ground & cockpit/ATC voice recording (through the iPhone, if possible).

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information out there. I'm curious if the music or phone conversation could be heard by everyone on the intercom or only the person using the adapter. And I was thinking you could use the voice recorder app on the new iPhone software to record comm, at least with a wired adapter (doesn't look like the voice recorder utility will use a bluetooth connection).

It seems like Cell Set is the favorite, but it's so expensive--even several hundred more than the new BluLink wireless adapter. I found another adapter here Helicopters Only It's much less expensive and looks like it would do the job but I haven't heard anything about the product or the company (good or bad).

These things are too expensive to base the purchase decision solely off of the limited info. the manufacturers release. Anybody with experience who could weigh in would be appreciated.