rotorway 2 place certified turbine

catch the article in this months rotor and wing?

rotorway is going to build a 2 place faa certified turbine ship.

sounds neat anyway...

using the same engine as the R66... the RR300

The idea is actually very interesting.. build a 2 place certified turbine ship. Lots of uses for a 2 place economical turbine... wheels are turning now!!

I said this years ago in a thread here on VR. Maybe they read the thread, lol..

I was thinking this might bridge the gap for commercial ops on the insurance side of things. Do your training in the Rotorway turbine, cfi in it to 600 or 700 hrs then the GOM or tours guys could take ya with 500 hrs PIC in a turbine for part 135??

Thoughts??

That would be pretty cool, I would also think it could make a great long line trainer...Where do I sign!?

Geez, an RR300 in a 2 seater? Talk about power to spare! 1,000 pounds on the hook in a 2 seater..cant wait!

I said this years ago in a thread here on VR. Maybe they read the thread, lol..

I was thinking this might bridge the gap for commercial ops on the insurance side of things. Do your training in the Rotorway turbine, cfi in it to 600 or 700 hrs then the GOM or tours guys could take ya with 500 hrs PIC in a turbine for part 135??

Thoughts??

Forget about turbine time. The military pilots don't get in the door with less than a 1000. 700 in a homebuilt isn't gonna impress anyone. Get 1200 however you have to.