Possible Bonuses or Perks available to WOFT applicants

Are there any bonuses available to WOFT Applicants? From what the recruiter is telling me there is nothing at all. Also I'm being told that since I signed for the GI Bill with the Marine Corps Reserve the active duty Army GI Bill would not be available to me. I learned my lesson with not taking the recruiter for everything hes got when I joined the USMCR and didn't know about the GI Bill Kickers or even bonuses that were available and colleague's of mine had received.

Can anyone please tell me whether what is being conveyed to me is accurate?

Thanks

Are there any bonuses available to WOFT Applicants? From what the recruiter is telling me there is nothing at all. Also I'm being told that since I signed for the GI Bill with the Marine Corps Reserve the active duty Army GI Bill would not be available to me. I learned my lesson with not taking the recruiter for everything hes got when I joined the USMCR and didn't know about the GI Bill Kickers or even bonuses that were available and colleague's of mine had received.

Thanks

dude,,thats such a load of nonsense...if you didn't deny your gi bill before your still authorized to have..it...the thing is the the MILPER messages they have...are worded in a weird fashion.

i had to read them for myself....and tell the recruiter i was entitled....

he tried to get me not to have it....but i told him i was authorized based on the message...

the message...didn't say i couldn't have cause i didn't fit the "criteria" for NOT getting it.

Therefore i explained i was entitled.

so now im sitting here..with my gi bill...

paying the 100bucks every month...again...but I HAVE IT>>>

get your gi bill

also...yeah no bonuses for me...there is an ascension bonus for some guard states from what i've heard.

GET YOUR GI BILL. ask to see the message and show him/her that your entitled. the only way your not is if you deny it.. i was air force reserve receiving it as well...then got placed in IRR and i have now again...

dude,,thats such a load of nonsense...if you didn't deny your gi bill before your still authorized to have..it...the thing is the the MILPER messages they have...are worded in a weird fashion.

i had to read them for myself....and tell the recruiter i was entitled....

he tried to get me not to have it....but i told him i was authorized based on the message...

the message...didn't say i couldn't have cause i didn't fit the "criteria" for NOT getting it.

Therefore i explained i was entitled.

so now im sitting here..with my gi bill...

paying the 100bucks every month...again...but I HAVE IT>>>

get your gi bill

also...yeah no bonuses for me...there is an ascension bonus for some guard states from what i've heard.

GET YOUR GI BILL. ask to see the message and show him/her that your entitled. the only way your not is if you deny it.. i was air force reserve receiving it as well...then got placed in IRR and i have now again...

Wow! Someone who was in a similar position huh?! Yeah, I've never denied it and I know for a fact that I have it right now. I beleive its called the GI Bill for the Select Marine Corps Reserve. I'll definitely make sure that happens!

Is that something you sign for again at MEPS when you go to sign your contract to be a warrant officer candidate?

I didn't mean to come across rude or anything. I'm in the same boat as you, I have been trying for 9 yrs and this is my last chance this year. I'd be ecstatic to get any type of bonus but just getting in is going to be a miracle!

No I understand your passion about this. Trust me I feel it. Honestly, I would be more than happy being accepted and no bonuses or anything offered to me. The excitement of the opportunity has really carried me through every day since I've learned about the WOFT Program. I work my friggen desk job here in the civilian world and can't take it anymore! LOL

9 years!? Wow! I'm assuming your packet hasn't been submitted for all 54 of those boards since they are every other month?!

Of course, since some of that training is likely to take place in the sandbox I wouldn't turn down any bonus money or incentives....

Sounds like you're making good progress. Don't let the recruiter get lazy just because you're motivated.

Thanks. The only thing we're waiting on is me. I'm trying to get as high of an APFT score as I can. Everything is together with my packet.

My problem was my vision. It was just bad enough to dq me one day and pass the next. Everything else is good to go. I was running around for years trying to get aeromedical exception to policy letter etc etc... ANyways, I had lasik last year and FINALLY through some act of God was granted a waiver and made it past a physical. I'm headed to the board the end of this month.

My problem was my vision. It was just bad enough to dq me one day and pass the next. Everything else is good to go. I was running around for years trying to get aeromedical exception to policy letter etc etc... ANyways, I had lasik last year and FINALLY through some act of God was granted a waiver and made it past a physical. I'm headed to the board the end of this month.

Awesome! Congrats and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

The med board was what held me back for so long too....childhood asthma. Keep trying. I eventually got in. Good luck.

Blake

Whats going on? Haven't they scheduled you for the physical yet?

Nope, not a peep in 3 week's.

I keep thinking i should call Ft Carson and see if he actually submitted anything. But me, being a civilian "nobody", they'll prolly just laugh and not tell me anything.

I seen the local NG air base is looking for a full time mechanic.... i'm gunna go for that.

Nope, not a peep in 3 week's.

I keep thinking i should call Ft Carson and see if he actually submitted anything. But me, being a civilian "nobody", they'll prolly just laugh and not tell me anything.

I seen the local NG air base is looking for a full time mechanic.... i'm gunna go for that.

Don't settle! Go to another recruiter!

Yeah, there is a 10g bonus for them guard guys for when they finish OBC... not sure if it is still in place, but it was for a while...

My buddies here are getting that NG ascension bonus of $10,000. but only certain states.

Thanks

The New GI Bill has a new set of rules. Tell your Recruiter to do his homework. Even if you turned down the old GI Bill, you are still eligible for the 9/11 GI Bill (that was my boat, thanks to an uninformed recruiter). But, either way, get the information from the horses mouth (Veteran's Administration), do NOT take the Recruiter's word for it. Like buying a car, or a house, it is imperative (absolutely necessary) to make sure the Recruiter shows you everything in writing. Sit there and read your contract for two hours if you have to--ask for a copy to show to a lawyer if you want--just make sure it has everything in it you want before you sign for all the stuff you're going to get, whether you want it or not.

• 4 years later...