Checride Soon

Kandace

My checkride is coming up very soon! This Saturday as a matter of fact. The 18th

I'm doing the Private add on, that way any time I fly with my instructor afterwards I can log as PIC towards my commercial. Which is my next goal.

I'm currently a Private Airplane and CFI Sport Pilot.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences on the checkride to hopefully make mine go smoothly?

I'm starting to get a bit nervous, mainly I think because I've wanted to be a helicopter pilot for so long.

Thank you,

Kandace

Hi Kandace,this is Animal from the Forum. welcome. take some time and read past posts. you will probably find answers to questions on things you have not even thought of yet.

this is really a great forum, I spend hours reading back posts.

good luck on your training.

My checkride is coming up very soon! This Saturday as a matter of fact. The 18th

I'm doing the Private add on, that way any time I fly with my instructor afterwards I can log as PIC towards my commercial. Which is my next goal.

I'm currently a Private Airplane and CFI Sport Pilot.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences on the checkride to hopefully make mine go smoothly?

I'm starting to get a bit nervous, mainly I think because I've wanted to be a helicopter pilot for so long.

Thank you,

Kandace

Kandace,

Congratulations. You will do just fine. Relax and enjoy the check. You already know how to fly. DPE wants to determine that you are "safe" and exercise good judgement. SRM, ADM. On my private check, I was asked to do a confined area. I did the high recon, low recon, brief the 6 S', flew on down to the point at which I felt uncomfortable and was a bit over my experience level. I aborted and made another attempt from a different direction which didn't work either. I recommended a different location (within my ability level), and the DPE can walk to his spot. I was given kudos for ADM and good judgement, promoting a safe operation.

Just do what you have been trained to do and fly safely within your experience level. Let us know how you do!

Cheers

Rotorrodent

Dear Kandace, if you are CFI-SP, you know that the PTS should be the guide for your check ride. Go thru it item by item and ask yourself about each topic. Get your Instructor or better yet another Instructor to give you a pre-check ride Check Ride!!!! Flying with another Instructor will make you feel more at ease with a DPE for the real thing. Best of Luck, fly with safety and confidence, Mike