Terre's WOFT progress.

Well my recriuter an I made the 80mile trek to the MSP airport to fly out to Co for my flight physical. And as luck would have it, his reservation didnt have a ticket attatched to it, so... no recriuter no physical. I'm really getting sick of visiting MSP and not leaveing on a plane.

ugh... frusterated is an understatement.

well that sux, what was he thinking, or not thinking when he left for the airport?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, flight physical reschedualed for the 15th and 16th.... take two, lol.

On a side note, if you believe in fate or carma... then i think i've been given a sign. Twice now i've put down the phone after talking to my recriuter, looked up and seen a national gaurd black hawk flying toward's me. I know i live in between two of their bases, but i have yet to see them flying past at any other time.

Edited by 1badz32

"On a side note, if you believe in fate or carma... then i think i've been given a sign. Twice now i've put down the phone after talking to my recriuter, looked up and seen a national gaurd black hawk flying toward's me"

that sound more like murphy's law than karma. if it were karma, the blackhawks would land by your house, come knock on your door, and ask if there was anyone there that wanted to fly a helicopter for the NG.

good luck with the Karma.

But they aren't Chinooks...... If they were Chinooks, I might say "damn, you may have something there"

:D

So what you're saying Chad is that it was in fact Murphy's law that sent Blackhawks and not the Chinooks of good karma?

that sound more like murphy's law than karma. if it were karma, the blackhawks would land by your house, come knock on your door, and ask if there was anyone there that wanted to fly a helicopter for the NG.

good luck with the Karma.

That did happen to me once... then i woke up and my pants were wet... true story

But they aren't Chinooks...... If they were Chinooks, I might say "damn, you may have something there"

:D

Funny storey, later in the day my GF and i were out for a cruse just as we came over a hill, i seen a dog on the road ahead, and a chinook to my 10 o'clock.

I started pointing at the chinook she started pointing at the dog... lol

While we are on the topic of Hooks...

Buddy of mine here is almost done with the course, they are so over strength that as soon as he finishes he gets the Lakota transition, to fly Flat Iron here at Rucker.

No more active Hooks for a while, just guard guys.

Dang, hook's was one of my top two pick's, as they say, begger's cant be chooser's.

Wow, that Lakota looks like a really nice bird. I should be keeping on top of this alittle more, this is the first i've seen it.

ohman, of course... but i may have a lil' bias going

mymm, that happens every once in a while, it'll be turned back on shortly.

1bad, so what happened? You left me hangin', did you hit the dog or what?!

1badz, good luck at Carson, I went there for my phys, good people! I just recently went up for the battalion board. and got their recommendation, now we are waiting to send the entire packet to Rucker for the usarec board. good luck with the process, do you have any civilian flight time ?

Carson is where I went also. I found it amusing they have a "Special Forces Only" entrance in the smaller building down the hill from the hospital, guess they want to keep them away from "normal" people!

Hope to see you guys at Rucker soon, just did my interum physical today, good for another year! I'll probably still be here.....holds suck.

My background is as follows, 650 hours fixed wing pilot time. 1.1 hours rotorwing time. Prior service Marine, with a fixed wing aircrew MOS and 1450 hours of flight time, (civilian no longer under military contract) 68 credit hours of college, in aviation science. 5 letters of recommendation, 1 retired LTC former regimental XO of the 160th, SF non pilot CWO5, civilian test pilot for the army's c-127 j program, a former flight instructor, and one from the executive director of the Utah skeleton and Bobsled association. ( for drive, determination, community service, and over all character) I drive a two man bobsled, and brake a four man sled, and i spend a substantial amount of time helping out with junior/new bobsled and skele athletes. asvab gt 128 afqt of 88 and the afast with out ever looking at a study manual; 126 and a 267 PFT

Well.. thats a mouth full, heh, looks good man....

As for me (not cause i'm self centered, just staying on topic) I *think* i passed my flight physical. There were a couple of problems with the lab work.... but the flight sergeon said "they werent enough for disqualification". But i did get a "ough, now this i like" when he looked at the reports for my vision and hearing. I'll post alittle more about the actual events tomorow.

My physical was horrible, I failed the hearing exam, had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and needed some dental work. I then got the hearing and dental fixed sent it back to Mr Lohr, and found out this morning, that I got selected for woft! Best of luck for you, and be confident.

My physical was horrible, I failed the hearing exam, had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and needed some dental work. I then got the hearing and dental fixed sent it back to Mr Lohr, and found out this morning, that I got selected for woft! Best of luck for you, and be confident.

Awesome congrats Devil Dawg...If I can get MARFORRES to approve my extension on my conditional release I should be hitting July's board...tell you what... if I could get my hands on whatever admin dude's desk that has been on for the past month and some change..oh man

FLHooker,

thanks, and trust me looks like im not going to be waiting around for anybody to sign anything signed my contract today, and i ship to Rucker on the 1st of july, I guess us prior service guys who don't need basic, just going right out of the gate. plus meps will not, repeat WILL NOT give me driving orders, i have to wait until after wocs to come all the way back here and move my stuff.