Which branch to pick?

This 29 thing could suck. Im turning the big 3-0 in like 7 months.

I spoke with a recruiter this weekend and I knew more about the program than he did. I can honestly say that he couldn't care less if I applied or not and I don't think he will do anything to help me unless I physically stand next to him and watch him push the buttons.

The GT requirement is 110 and the AFAST is 90 or higher currently. There are rumors of upping the min. score for the AFAST to 110. I honestly don't know what to think anymore with all these rumors going around. And to make it worse some of them are sending Army Aviation in very different ways and they have all came from very good sources. I mean heck I've even seen some of these things on paper with my own eyes then, I come get online and read the exact opposite. <_<

I heard today that you have to be:

22-23 years old

5'8'' to 5'10''

160-210 lbs

Right-handed

LOL. sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I don't know about the AFAST 110 thing, I haven't seen that, but I know that the 29 deal is true for the state of NY

lol...yup you have to appreciate oxygen and water, and not be able to fly without the use of machinery. speaking of which...the Chief Warrant officer of the Branch here at rucker, wrote an article in the last Quad A magazine. He states that he was the one to up the standards for WOFT.

i'll try to find out here what the new standards are.

There are no new standards yet. Nothing has changed (outside maybe some individual state's SAO policies).

There is a list of recommendations out there from the top of Army AV. It's about 10 items, the only two anyone would care about (or that I remember) are age to 29 & AFAST to 110. It's just a personal recommendation right now, and not from the people that make those changes. Some of it will probably be adopted, some of it may not.

Personally I don't think it's necessary or will happen for a little while. As long as there are still a lot of guard/res units out there short, and the training pipe to get them to rucker is still so long, then there's no purpose to raising the standards. Active duty is still going to get a giant pile more packets than they are going to take. All they have to do at the board is take younger folks with higher AFASTs. It doesn't need to be hard policy anywhere to be enforced. All they do by adopting it is shut doors that need to stay open elsewhere.

Anybody that's worried about those policies though should just use them as motivation to get to board & down to training ASAP. The slowest part of that process is the applicant building the packet.