300 Governor

I've been looking around at 300's and some of them have an engine governor. Are they aftermarket or factory? I can't seem to find much about them on the ol' internet...

I used one once on a 269B. In cruise it worked just fine, but as soon as I moved the collective it began RPM hunting. It was trying to correct the RPM, but would roll on too much throttle, then let off too much, and just hunted until I shut it off for the remainder of the flight.

WOW... a governor in a 300. Wait.... I am the governor! I will gladly provide this service as well. Self loading, accurate through all phases of flight.

I can imagine a governor that doesnt govern all that well to be frustrating. Sort of like living in California. I do love that feature on the R-44, it spoils me!

I can imagine a governor that doesnt govern all that well to be frustrating. Sort of like living in California.

Haha...wanna go in together and buy San Quentin?? :P

I dunno that I'd be too hip to having a governor in the 300... it's so much nicer to auto without arguing with the throttle.

Too bad nobody ever gets the correlator set correctly though :angry:

Haha...wanna go in together and buy San Quentin?? :P

Not a bad idea. Perhaps while we are at it, we can pick up the Del Mar Fairgrounds down in San Diego as well for diversification purposes. If we wait long enough it may go to short sale.