US Navy ship down

Goldy

Not much out there right now, but a US Navy helicopter went down during night ops training somewhere off the coast of San Diego. 5 are missing..

Not much out there right now, but a US Navy helicopter went down during night ops training somewhere off the coast of San Diego. 5 are missing..

Latest says 3 dead, 2 missing.

"Reporting from San Diego -- Rescue crews have recovered the bodies of three of the five people aboard a Navy helicopter that crashed about 25 miles off the Southern California coast, officials said today.

The HH60 helicopter was on a training mission near the Coronado Islands for an unspecified upcoming deployment when it crashed at about 11:36 p.m. Tuesday.

The U.S. Coast Guard responded and officials are searching for the remaining two passengers."

RIP. Hopefully by some miracle they find the other 2 alive and well.... Hard to keep much hope after this much time has elapsed though...

J-

Edited by Justin DBC

Alway's sad to hear, RIP.

I heard later it was a helo that took off from the USS Nimitz. Still on going search for the two missing.

Like I told a friend of mine, I hope that they find the remaining guys pissed off and bored on a liferaft somewhere. RIP guys.

Like I told a friend of mine, I hope that they find the remaining guys pissed off and bored on a liferaft somewhere. RIP guys.

Search for survivors was called off today....