Extremely frustrated....

I was wondering if all you other CFII's are having as hard a time finding a job as i am? I am getting so frustrated i dont know what to do anymore. I havent flown in 3 months and am starting to get very worried that when/if an interview ever comes my way ill be so rusty on the sticks they will just laugh and move on. Im sure it probably wont be that bad but i know i wont be as smooth as my last flight 3 months ago. Worst part is i cant even afford a flight every once in a while cause finding interim work is just as hard. I have over 400 tt and thought it wouldnt be this difficult......

Im definitley not giving up on my dream to fly, but just curious if there are others having this hard a time?

Yes, on all counts. Here's something else to lift your spirits: chief pilots know your skills are degrading the further you are from your check ride, and they might not be so keen to pick you up when there's another guy with better timing.

My only advise is don't expect to get a job off the internet.

Go to every operator and talk to them. Print out a card or flyer and post it at all the nearby airports in the pilots lounge. I found my job by calling a number on a flyer at an ag supply store. It took a few months of staying in contact with them but it payed off. Those were some unerving few months though as I tried to find something so I know how you feel.

Right there with ya pal. The place I was working at shut down their school and I have been stuck at around 300 hours ever since. I am going on 10 months now with no work, and I have done just about everything imaginable to find work. I did scrounge up enough to pay for a flight and I thought I would have forgotten everything, but it was like riding a bike. My autos were just as good as when I was flying every day. So I wouldn't worry about that too much. As far as getting frustrated goes, I hear ya. Don't give up.