R44 Time $250 per hour Texas To Ca next week

I'm bringing an R44 from San Antonio, Texas to Santa Rosa, California next week, right seat available at 250 per hour, sign offs and training on the way, I'm paying the lease costs per hour and gas etc so I can't make it any cheaper, wish I could, if you need the time send me an email

barry@sonomahelicopters.com

thanks

you can make it cheaper. . . . .If no one takes you up, I bet you still take the helicopter. . . .so what you REALLY mean, is that you cant make it any cheaper or it will cost you money.

you can make it cheaper. . . . .If no one takes you up, I bet you still take the helicopter. . . .so what you REALLY mean, is that you cant make it any cheaper or it will cost you money.

Oh snap!

I'm in business, this is how it's done, you guy's know that, its cheap time for somebody who needs it and yes, I will be bringing it back regardless and if somebody doesn't take it up then one of my own students will get it free, but like I said, this is a business, if I give everything away I won't last and I don't see anybody lined up at the door wanting to take a risk and investing with me in the office, hangar, insurance, advertising, etc etc. When people start calling in and giving me free money, I'll start offering free flights, I'm shocked that you both would comment like that, obviously you either don't have anything invested in where you work or you don't understand the industry, this is how its been done forever and will continue to be done, there is no such things as free lunch!!

No such thing as a free lunch huh? thats interesting considering I was lucky enough to get around 250 Hrs in various turbines early in my flying/training. Jet Rangers, Long Rangers, 407's, and AS350B2. . . .All for around............. ZERO DOLLARS. So yes, there IS such a thing as a free lunch. The free lunches come from pilots who have a true passion for this industry, who really want to help, and who remember being low time and desperatley seeking those turbine hours. Not from an operator trying to cover his butt so that something he has to do anyway doesn't cost him anything. All of the above mentioned time was from pilots with 8,000+ hour pilots who were looking to help out a young pilot. The pilots I have been fortunate enough to fly with were looking for nothing more than to help, They expected nothing more from me other than an open mind, eagerness, and willingness to learn. I look at these pilots that have helped me, and hope to someday be able to provide that help to another up and coming pilot. If you have an available seat, and your going anyway, why not offer it to someone that needs the help. you never know who you might help, and how they might help you in the future. think about when you were struggling to make it, and how much it would have meant to you if someone gave you the offer.

Edited by clay

I'm shocked that you both would comment like that, obviously you either don't have anything invested in where you work or you don't understand the industry, this is how its been done forever and will continue to be done, there is no such things as free lunch!!

Sheesh... All I said was "Oh snap!". Either way... If you want to charge for someone going along with you on a long flight you were going to have to do in the first place, that's your right. On the other side, I don't know why you're repositioning the aircraft, but I'm sure it's probably for your (or your company's) benefit and not that of whoever you get to go with you. Clay has a good point about helping out pilots that need it when you can... Especially if you're going to write the whole thing off as a business expense in the end anyways.

J-

Sheesh... All I said was "Oh snap!". Either way... If you want to charge for someone going along with you on a long flight you were going to have to do in the first place, that's your right. On the other side, I don't know why you're repositioning the aircraft, but I'm sure it's probably for your (or your company's) benefit and not that of whoever you get to go with you. Clay has a good point about helping out pilots that need it when you can... Especially if you're going to write the whole thing off as a business expense in the end anyways.

J-

He said he will bring one of his students for FREE is someone doesn't take him up on the $250/hr deal and yes that's a great DEAL!

Back off guys, he's just trying to make it in this biz...

Here's a suggestion for NorCal. If he gets someone to pay for the right seat, great, good for you, it is much cheaper time than you would pay for at a flight school, where you would pay 400+ an hour for a 44 and CFI.

Why dont you also take one of your aspiring students along in the back seat as well? I'm sure he'll learn a great deal on a long CC, plus the 73 training. Watching and learning is a valuable experience, even if you dont get to log any stick time. If its a R44II, there shouldnt be any issues with the extra 180 pounds of weight.

Have a safe flight,

Goldy

In total, I have paid for around 85 hours of my helicopter time and none of it was turbine. This is because I networked and sold myself as a person and a safety conscious individual. I learned very early not to sell my pilot "skills". This is because everyone is assumed to have the same skills as you! They passed the practical as well, so skills are of no interest to anyone who wants to employ you. They want to know you can make safe, conservative decisions. Pilots rarely crash because they lacked skills, they crashed because they tried to do something beyond their level of skill. They lacked good judgment.

So yes, there are free lunches. You just have to figure out how to get invited.

So yes, there are free lunches. You just have to figure out how to get invited.

Hey DP, I'll be in Denver Sept. 6/7th. Wanna have lunch ????

Goldy