Vertical Challenge June 20

• 2 weeks later...

As a volunteer at the Hiller Aviation Museum I'd like to thank you all for your kind comments.

We work hard to put on a good show. This year we had over 7K people attend. Adam, PM me contact information and I'll make sure you get invited next year. We usually have a 12B fly down from Petaluma, but we did not hear from them this year. The open cockpit Hiller is a 360, our no-flying piece was on display this year. The flyable one was here in 2006.

http://hiller.org/picture-book-2006.shtml

I shot video of it leaving, you can find it here.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT2_uFKtkPY

That same year we had our only FH1100 and Classic Rotors hovered a ramjet powered Hiller Hornet.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV2lS5mUSj4

I think it was in 2004 that we had a 12ET do a Ag spraying demo. (I have to look that up)

I was in the control tower doing arrival coordination with the tower and our marshallers.

If you saw someone on the catwalk taking pictures during the shows, it was me.

Once again thanks, now that I have found this forum, I'll keep you all updated as plans for next year take shape.

Tim

post-14650-1246602421_thumb.jpg

Mr Hiller's first helicopter the XH-44 was flown in 1944, he was 18 years old at the time.

The Rotocycle was designed and flown in 1957. There were 12 built, 5 are in Museums, 1 is privately owned and 6 are unaccounted for.

Tim