Leading Edge Aviation

There's really nothing to answer that you don't already know. If you can get federally guaranteed loans by attending an accredited educational institution all well and good but they will not pay for the entire training so you will have to use your savings and maybe continue working. As for "alternative educational loans", if you mean private...not federally guaranteed...loans you're looking at high rates, probably needing a co-signor and also likely not enough to fully fund the training. That's pretty much the options...unless you go into the service.

Exactly. When it all comes down to it there really seem to be only 3 options; the military, funding the entire training upfront, or getting a loan. I'd assume the third option is pretty popular. Now with the economy the way it is enrolling with a college and applying for a student loan, rather than say a career loan or what have you might be the only option. I think asking for students experience with getting alternative student loans isn't too far fetched. I only ask because I'm currently going down this path (or getting ready to) and would like to have as much information as possible going into it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic