Idiot w/ laser pointer caught on infrared

Not sure if you guys have seen this or not. If this is a repost, I apologize. I didn't see it anywhere in the forums.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bd3_1245182005&p=1

Edited by LFGuard10

I've been hit a few times by the same d*ckwad in Vancouver. One night after he hit us we came upon a police helicopter flying around and not engaged in anything at the moment. Gave him the location where the laser jerk seemed to be and said "sick 'em!"

About 15 minutes later we see the police bird orbiting the area where we got hit... and the police bird got hit by the laser too! He was orbiting the area talking ground units right to the guys front door. Busted!!

FWIW having been hit numerous times I came across a fair way of dealing with it. If you find yourself at night getting lit up by a laser, simply turn off all exterior nav lights. The arse on the ground won't be able to see you. Count to 20 then turn them back on. Sure you'll be invisible to other aircraft briefly, but you won't be blinded anymore. The moment off exterior lights are off the problem goes away. By the time you turn them back on you're likely far away enough that the threat is gone.

FWIW having been hit numerous times I came across a fair way of dealing with it. If you find yourself at night getting lit up by a laser, simply turn off all exterior nav lights. The arse on the ground won't be able to see you. Count to 20 then turn them back on.

Piss bottles work well too....