DQ'ed for OH-58/TH-67 airframe... what now.

I just got my flight physical finally done but it says I am DQ'ed from flying OH-58/TH-67 airframes because my sitting hieght is 98cm and the max is 95cm. The problem is the TH-67 helicopter is the Army training helicopter, so does this make it impossible for me to become an Army pilot now? This is really depressing news and I have no idea where I am supposed to find out this informaiton. Is it possible to take this part of the flight physical again to get a second opinion on my sitting hieght, I do not believe the women who did it was very accurate with it. Thank you.

I just got my flight physical finally done but it says I am DQ'ed from flying OH-58/TH-67 airframes because my sitting hieght is 98cm and the max is 95cm. The problem is the TH-67 helicopter is the Army training helicopter, so does this make it impossible for me to become an Army pilot now? This is really depressing news and I have no idea where I am supposed to find out this informaiton. Is it possible to take this part of the flight physical again to get a second opinion on my sitting hieght, I do not believe the women who did it was very accurate with it. Thank you.

I'm not positive but I believe you can have an 'in cock-pit' test done to see if your size interferes with your your capabilities. I know a female LT that was too small acording to regulation, but she did an in cock-pit test and demonstrated that she could reach the controls and that her size would not be an issue. worth a shot. are you currently in the army or guard/reserves?

I am a civilian, no in the miltiary. I took the physical at FT Drum but the DQ for that airframe was from Ft Rucker.

who is helping you through the selection process - a recruiter? if so, you can work with the recruiter (or a warrant officer strength manager) and the unit you will be going into to see about possibility of a waiver - i'd imagine that you would be able to get a waiver for that...wouldn't make sense to deny a career on 1 inch....

but i could be wrong...some of the other guys may know better....

Is your physical stamped Qualified? You can be not qualified for OH-58/TH-67 and still have an approved flight physical. In the past, the "not qualified" was to alert Rucker that you may have a problem being comfortable in the cockpit, and there was a UH-1H option for those people, but plenty of people have made it through TH-67 and OH-58 training not being qualified.

• 1 month later...