R22 operating expense

I was wondering what type of expense a commercial r22 operator can expect over a year. Obviously you have your 100 hour and annual inspections. How much does one of those inspections cost? What type of parts are replaced? What parts will need to be replaced before the 2200 hour overhaul? What is the life on the rotor blades?

I was wondering what type of expense a commercial r22 operator can expect over a year. Obviously you have your 100 hour and annual inspections. How much does one of those inspections cost? What type of parts are replaced? What parts will need to be replaced before the 2200 hour overhaul? What is the life on the rotor blades?

I suggest you read the type certificate data sheets for the R22 on the FAA website. That will give you the life limits on the various components. Depending on where you are operating, will have some bearing on the blade life. I would also take the operating cost data from the Robinson website and figure on 25 hour oil changes even with a good filter, double the maintenance costs and add 10% minimum to the overhaul reserve. Flight training is hard on any aircraft. If the helicopter doesn't have an oil filter, put a good one on like the the Airwolf filter. As for 100 hour and annuals, it will depend on the labor rate and what needs to be fixed. If you are a busy operator you might be able to negotiate a better rate.

What kind of commercial ops in an R22??

Logging, oil rig transport, EMS, search and rescue, over-seas defense contracting... The possibilities are endless! :P