Cleaning out my closet

I feel that this isn't entirely appropriate.

hmmmm, not sure about that. i am glad to see stuff like this but wonder how everyone else feels.

has the forum ever had a section for such posts?? would the admin consider it?

on the bottom of the post on ebay it mentions a power point program for private... is there one available for helicopter flight training?? i would like more info on that and would consider providing photos for one if somebody has the time to put on together..

jmho..

aloha,

yes, i am still alive, just super busy...

dp

link removed

O.K. what's inappropriate? Am I missing something here? The auction is over with now.. THe auction dealt with Helicopter/flying related items. So what's the big deal? Hell if I know I was going to afford the training in the near future I would have jumped all over that!

my 2 cents....

Edited by 67november

link removed

O.K. what's inappropriate? Am I missing something here? The auction is over with now.. THe auction dealt with Helicopter/flying related items. So what's the big deal? Hell if I know I was going to afford the training in the near future I would have jumped all over that!

my 2 cents....

Personal opinion, I guess. It wasn't over with when it was posted. People presumably pay good money for advertising on this site. If there were a subforum for things like buying/selling/trading your helicopter (or other) related goods, I'm all for it to be there. (Though my opinions about linking to an auction are another tangent.)

How would you feel if he was a school owner, advertising the services he can offer, etc and you were a paying advertiser?

These opinions are my own, and I in no way speak for vertref, or it's staff. :)

Honestly... Who is paying for advertising on here to sell some used stuff? You'd be paying a hell of a lot more getting it new. What Ganja Warrior did was try to hook up the people on this site before someone else got in on the deal. I think it's a bigger issue when people get on here and offer to charge someone to sit in on a ferry flight for timebuilding (hell... there is a timebuilding add right above this as I'm typing!) and no one seems to have an issue with that. Are there even any ads on here for books and misc supplies?

J-

We as admins/moderators walk a fine line as to determining what is advertising and what is an offer. GW's post was clearly an offer, but there was an objectionable post to the ad. I removed the links to remove further objections to the post. the many questionable posts on this site are brought to our attention by you the members, and that is what make this site what it is. thank you.

The time building thread is an offer to build time for a charge posted by an individual that owns that helicopter, not affiliated with any school that we're aware of.

we do have a pinned thread available with links of free books and places to purchase needed materials, this has been around for several years.

Thx

67N

Edited by 67november