I've got an aircraft, a Brantly B2-b, in the middle of being rebuilt. Currently the engine is almost ready for reassembly. When done it will be a total rebuild: new wiring, new interior, new glass, new paint, overhauled engine, 1200 inspection on all gearboxes, etc.

With a house rebuild in progress and work being slow right now, money is getting tight. At this pace the helicopter rebuild will probably roll into middle next year.

So I am exploring the possibility of taking on a few limited partners. What that would mean is I am looking for people willing to finance the remaining needed repairs for a stake in the helicopter. They would in effect be limited partners where the money they put in would entitle them to fly at $50/hr dry up to the amount they pay in. I would provide CFI time at no cost. No money would be required up front, only as work is done. I estimate $15-20K is needed to finish it up. I'd provide a contract which would ensure in the event of something happening you would be entitled to a return of your investment.

I'm in Seattle. If anyone has any questions or is interested let me know.

• 3 months later...
I've got an aircraft, a Brantly B2-b, in the middle of being rebuilt. Currently the engine is almost ready for reassembly. When done it will be a total rebuild: new wiring, new interior, new glass, new paint, overhauled engine, 1200 inspection on all gearboxes, etc.

With a house rebuild in progress and work being slow right now, money is getting tight. At this pace the helicopter rebuild will probably roll into middle next year.

So I am exploring the possibility of taking on a few limited partners. What that would mean is I am looking for people willing to finance the remaining needed repairs for a stake in the helicopter. They would in effect be limited partners where the money they put in would entitle them to fly at $50/hr dry up to the amount they pay in. I would provide CFI time at no cost. No money would be required up front, only as work is done. I estimate $15-20K is needed to finish it up. I'd provide a contract which would ensure in the event of something happening you would be entitled to a return of your investment.

So If i settled into this for lets say, $4000.. That would get me the hours flown at $50/hr up to my $4k.. Then my fuel cost?? What does a heli like this drink per hour? and you are a CFI? or double II? Does this bird have inetruments I could do instrument training with you in?

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the late reply just now realized your comment was here.

Yes that was the idea. The B2-b burns about 10-12 hr depending on what you are doing (i.e. hover vs cruise.) I had planned to obtain my CFI sometime this spring. No it's not an IFR trainer but I am putting in wiring to accommodate that in the future.

I've put off the idea of doing the deal for now and may just sell it and go to work for someone else if I can find the right position. I suppose if there was enough interest I might rethink it.

• 1 month later...