Bad week in Los Angeles

Goldy

So we had a ship go down up at Fox Field, I think that was yesterday. Then today another one up near Castaic.

The Fox field incident turned out to be an LAPD airship, thats about 30 miles North of any LAPD area, but thats a different story. I heard 3 were injured, but glad it didnt sound that bad. Here's a link to the LAPD one http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-lanc...0,5615670.story

Boy if thats a hard landing, I would hate to see a REALLY hard landing!

Anyone have any updates on either incident?

Maybe the boys in Eagle 1 know something they aint telling ???

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

ummmmmm...I'll take the 5th. Sounds like a training accident, during FTD autos.

Sure does....but ouch! BTW Air 5 had smoke blowing out of one of the engines yesterday, so they made a precautinary and then straight to maintenance..

Yeah, a hard landing to a reporter means you can tell what made the hole...a crash is just the hole.

Just looking at the fuselage, how the blades didnt stack it in is a mystery to me.

Good to hear all involved ok.

Just a suggestion, but they might want to think about having thier pilots practice a fulldown in a 22 just to get the feel a couple times before trying it in a $2m taxpayer funded AStar.

Yeah, a hard landing to a reporter means you can tell what made the hole...a crash is just the hole.

Just looking at the fuselage, how the blades didnt stack it in is a mystery to me.

Good to hear all involved ok.

Just a suggestion, but they might want to think about having thier pilots practice a fulldown in a 22 just to get the feel a couple times before trying it in a $2m taxpayer funded AStar.

Now, now...let's not judge until we know what the whole story is. They were both very senior pilots...6k and 7.5k hours. don't think R22 time would have made a bit of difference.

Now, now...let's not judge until we know what the whole story is. They were both very senior pilots...6k and 7.5k hours. don't think R22 time would have made a bit of difference.

Yeah, its easy to judge when you weren't there. Dont know if it mattered, but this field can get over 5000 DA on a warm day...I fly up there when it hits 100F just to log over 5000 DA landings.

Goldy