WOFT application.. What else can I do?

I am going to be applying for the WOFT program for the second time in my life. The first time I was 19, and scored a 111 on my afast as well as passed the PT test and physical. My packet was sent through to the national board after first seeing the regional board but was eventually turned down, my recruiter said because a lack of experience. I'm sure it wasn't the strongest packet though. Since then I enlisted in the AF reserve and have been a crew chief on C-130s for the past 4 years and am now an E-4. I am going to be applying again for the program this October. My older brother was accepted last Jan and I'm hoping I'll be joining him down at FT Rucker soon. I'll be taking the AFAST here in a couple weeks as well as my PT test and physical. I have some awards and from the AF that I'll be able to throw into my packet to boost it which hopefully will work since I only have about a year of college w/ O.K. grades. Is there anything else that I can do to try to boost my packet to make it more appealing besides the PT test and high score on the AFAST? (my goal is to score a 130 by the way so fingers crossed). ANY advice would be greatly apreciated, Thanks

Put together one hell of a summary about why you want to be a Warrant in the Army. Obviously include wanting to be a pilot. But more so about why you want to be a Warrant. It's been tough the last 3 years. I've had buddies I've known who've been in for 6, 8, 10 years, were E6's, and it took them 4, 5, 6 times of submitting before they got picked up. Have you got good letters of Rec from your officers? Especially if you have one from a pilot, have him write up one hell of a Rec on why you are fit to be a Warrant. Just keep at it. It will probably take a few times before you get submitted.

ARCO makes a study book for the AFAST. You can get it through Books a million or any of the larger book stores. Hell, you probably can find it online.

I know that I got a couple of points on my board (FL NG) for having flight experience. It's an expensive resume booster though, so it's really up to you.

CHAD

I hate to break it to you...if you have already taken the AFAST and passed like you said (111), you can not take the exam again. Your score is final, and can only be taken once. Good luck with the rest of the process.

Jason

Make sure your resume is easy to read and to the point. Emphasize your leadership positions and abilities. Volunteer positions also, quantify them. "I spent X hours doing X", they love seeing things like that.

You'll need a few extra things now that you've been in the Air Force. You'll need your RIP, that's easy enough to get, conditional release, etc. I came from the Air Guard. Make sure you get a DOD photo in your blues, remind them of your military service, find the regulations for photos, I dug them up somewhere. If you have an Audio/Visual shop on post ask them to take it for you, they are very knowledgeable about DOD photos.

This is the time to toot your own horn, tell them how awesome you are but keep it simple and clean. Your #1 goal is to convince them that you are more qualified than the other knuckleheads that have applied for the spot and that YOU are the man they want for the job. The board may very well not have any aviators on it at all, they look at you as a leader first then as a potential aviator.

It's a long road, even if you don't get picked up this time never quit if this is what you want to do.

Who's your brother? I'm down at Rucker currently also.