The most number of flying hours for a helicopter pilot

• 2 weeks later...
30,000 hours in helicopters

There is a Designated Pilot Examiner named Dale M. I took my rides with him in 2006.

He started flying in Nam (Hueys), after Nam he stayed in the army. I don't know when he retired but the last thing he did was instruction in the CH47.

He told me that he quit logging flight time around 1996. At that point he had around 40.000+hrs.

I know that includes some fixwing but he mainly flew helicopters.

He also told me that he had 7 engine failures (single engine helicopters) but managed to walk away.

Falko

There is a Designated Pilot Examiner named Dale M. I took my rides with him in 2006.

He started flying in Nam (Hueys), after Nam he stayed in the army. I don't know when he retired but the last thing he did was instruction in the CH47.

He told me that he quit logging flight time around 1996. At that point he had around 40.000+hrs.

I know that includes some fixwing but he mainly flew helicopters.

He also told me that he had 7 engine failures (single engine helicopters) but managed to walk away.

Falko

Did my checkrides with him as well, and he told me pretty much the same thing.

I read about a lady that has over 57,000 hours and is the highest time pilot in the world. Its fixed wing but at least we know the top.

Evelyn Bryan Johnson, 57,635.4 hours!

One of the first female helicopter pilots, Whirly-Girl #20

mamabird3x-large.jpg

...and she has a little time under the rotors of a flailing, burning helicopter too, saving the pilot, for which she was awarded the Carnegie Medal.

links: