help

500E

As most here know I am no good with computers my problem is that the right button seems not to work in VR wont paste or suggest spelling, the incorrect spelling is still underlined but right click nothing!! works in thunderbird and other progs

Tried another USB mouse still the same :(

Rule 1: Always check the wires. (I know, I know... It wouldn't work elsewhere if it was the cables right? Doesn't matter. It's the rules. Check wires first.)

Everything plugged in good? Reboot. (not log off then back on. Really restart your computer.)

That didn't work? Hmmm... this probably won't fix it but it won't take long so you might as well do it before you do other, more time consuming stuff. Unplug the mouse. Wait for the computer to go DING dong (notice that's a higher pitched DING than dong that I just typed there.) Once that happens, plug yer mouse back in. It'll go ding DONG but you'll really know that the mouse has been re-recognized by your computer when you can wiggle it around and the pointer moves. Try your rt. button in your program.

Still doesn't work? Dang. That doth surely suck. Ok... here are a couple possibilities:

If you use mouse software that you installed (didn't come with your computer) you may need to reinstall it. This is unlikely but possible.

More likely, you need to reinstall the software in which your mouse fails. If you have favorited or shortcutted sites in said software, you should probably save those in some way or write them down before you uninstall and reinstall. Same if it automatically fills in passwords for you and you don't remember what they are.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. I'm one tick away from mid-night here so my brain is about done for the day.

If I've suggested anything you don't know how to do, just let me know. I'll give you clear instructions on how to do whatever. I don't mind.

If anyone reads this and thinks of anything else, pile on. We'll figure it out or it'll miraculously go away sooner or later.

Very best,

G

Get a MAC and eliminate the right button altogether?

common misconception wo, I right click all the time on my Mac.

I normally just restart when something goes squiffy. If you are on a PC you should on general principal get Firefox or Chrome (I hear that the coming update will fix most of the "idiosyncrasies"). Don't use IE unless Bill Gates is right there and you don't want him to run into your house with a bulldozer. I doubt that will fix your problem but it may.

Before you do anything to drastic though I would try a different mouse if you have one or at least verify that the right click is still working elsewhere. sometimes the boutons just give out.

chopperjess

I go with your idea :lol:

Bossman

Hi hows it going?

Not pilot error ( well I would say that ) :ph34r:

Using FF latest up date, ( even reloaded FF) switched off, not re boot , re installed mouse driver, and unplugged wireless thingy run bug finders etc.

PS right click works in other progs, the darn thing just hates me!!

chopperjess

I go with your idea :lol:

Bossman

Not pilot error ( well I would say that ) :ph34r:

Using FF latest up date, switched off, not re boot , re installed mouse driver, and unplugged wireless thingy run bug finders etc.

PS right click works in other progs, the darn thing just hates me!!

Your right click may be set up to do something else in that program, check your preferences.

common misconception wo, I right click all the time on my Mac.

I normally just restart when something goes squiffy. If you are on a PC you should on general principal get Firefox or Chrome (I hear that the coming update will fix most of the "idiosyncrasies"). Don't use IE unless Bill Gates is right there and you don't want him to run into your house with a bulldozer. I doubt that will fix your problem but it may.

Before you do anything to drastic though I would try a different mouse if you have one or at least verify that the right click is still working elsewhere. sometimes the boutons just give out.

I don't "right" click on my mac, so I don't know what kind you are using, unless your referring to the fact that any button you push on a mac is the right button.

I don't "right" click on my mac, so I don't know what kind you are using, unless your referring to the fact that any button you push on a mac is the right button.

I've been using Mac's since the late 80's. Since OS nine you have been able to use a right click. if you have the old standard mouse with one button you can hold Ctrl and click. the new mice have a right click button. on a laptop with one button you can place two fingers on the track pad (like scrolling) and click, you may need to enable this in the preference pane. It's a very usefull tool you should try it some time. and since you asked I'm using a macbook pro 15" 2ghz.

I've been using Mac's since the late 80's. Since OS nine you have been able to use a right click. if you have the old standard mouse with one button you can hold Ctrl and click. the new mice have a right click button. on a laptop with one button you can place two fingers on the track pad (like scrolling) and click, you may need to enable this in the preference pane. It's a very usefull tool you should try it some time. and since you asked I'm using a macbook pro 15" 2ghz.

I was being facetious. I know you can place 2 fingers on the track pad and theoretically "right" click without "right" clicking anything, hell, I'm doing it right now, no idea why you took it personally.