I knew it was meant to be...

F'N Sweet girl! congrats!! I thought when I read the title it was going to say you made it into WOFT. Hope that statement didn't get you down, it wasn't meant to. With your drive, determination and attitude, you will make it either way. Both sides have their ups and downs. But enough about the future, you did great, and reached a milestone many are only still dreaming about (like me). live the moment and continue to give the rest of us ecouragement. Keep going full throttle ahead or I may catch you... If I can figure this VA crap out.

LK has the drive and attitude that CFIs dream about! Although we met long before, she became my student late in the game and we only flew about 15hrs together. That doesn't change my being her biggest cheerleader - way to go girl!!! Smile a lot, make smart decisions and understand your industry :D

Blue Skies from the desert,

HG03

LK has the drive and attitude that CFIs dream about! Although we met long before, she became my student late in the game and we only flew about 15hrs together. That doesn't change my being her biggest cheerleader - way to go girl!!! Smile a lot, make smart decisions and understand your industry :D

Blue Skies from the desert,

HG03

This is exactly it - for the mere 15ish hours we flew together, HG03 made a HUGE impact on me (hell, she taught me how to hover!). That's only the surface though. You CFIs out there - just because you aren't flying with someone doesn't mean you can't be there for them.

A year ago, when I started this thread and was agonizing over how in the world I was going to get my helicopter career started, Emily (HG03) was ALWAYS there, with encouragement, a realistic perspective, and endless offers to help with ground while I was studying helicopters on my own, with no money to fly. I was not a prospective student. I had no job, was busy with college, wanted to join the military. Absolutely nothing in it for her monetarily - yet she was always available and happy to help!

Long story short: here I am a year later with a million opportunities at my fingertips, having conquered the basics of an incredible skill, an entire network of great new friends, and finally doing what I've always dreamed of doing. It's priceless.

And...smile a lot? You oughtta see my permagrin!! :D

Hi Lindsey! I just read your post, fantastic! I do whatever I can for helicopter time. A few weeks ago I helped out with balancing and got 1.9hrs in the 22! I just got my CFII so have been flying the 44 quite a bit as well.

I'm in Wisconsin and stuck in the snow right now, but on Thursday I'm headed down to disassemble the 44 for it's annual inspection. They found out I'm mechanically inclined!

If you are ever in Wisconsin look me up and I'll do what I can to hook you up with some 22 or 44 time.

Take care and good luck.

Kandace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...