My first flight was two days ago

csw1000

You can dream about how cool flying in a whirly is, but, until you do you're just dreaming. I went up in an ex-military 269a this past Sunday for my first heli flight ever, and.........thinking.......I still don't know how to describe it. Outside of the birth of my children, I have never felt such emotion and amazement. It was an epiphany. I have been in jets many times and a small Cessna once and if people think that's flying they are really missing out. Nothing against fixed wings, I used to think they were great, but choppers are truly the most amazing machines on this planet. I think I now know why the pro's are usually so helpful to the new guys, because it is such an amazing experience it would be unethical not to help everyone that wants to share the ride. Thanks for all the comments and advise. I can't believe you can actually get paid to do it. One word of caution....don't go puppy shopping unless you are sure you are ready to buy a puppy, and don't go on a discovery flight unless you are sure you want to to be hooked for life!!!!!!

Yeah, I was pretty nervous. I can only imagine how great it would be if I was as comfortable in a heli as I am driving a car. My instructor has all gray hair........no small wonder why!!!!!!!

You can dream about how cool flying in a whirly is, but, until you do you're just dreaming. I went up in an ex-military 269a this past Sunday for my first heli flight ever, and.........thinking.......I still don't know how to describe it. Outside of the birth of my children, I have never felt such emotion and amazement. It was an epiphany. I have been in jets many times and a small Cessna once and if people think that's flying they are really missing out. Nothing against fixed wings, I used to think they were great, but choppers are truly the most amazing machines on this planet. I think I now know why the pro's are usually so helpful to the new guys, because it is such an amazing experience it would be unethical not to help everyone that wants to share the ride. Thanks for all the comments and advise. I can't believe you can actually get paid to do it. One word of caution....don't go puppy shopping unless you are sure you are ready to buy a puppy, and don't go on a discovery flight unless you are sure you want to to be hooked for life!!!!!!

Hey! I just took my intro flight last weekend - I made a post called "I knew it was meant to be" if you want to read it. Isn't it AWESOME?! I'd dreamt about it for so so so so so so long, longed to do it for years, and it was way cooler than I'd expected. It went beyond my wildest dreams. I was also in a Schweizer. I agree about fixed-wing too...as we came back to the airfield I inwardly scoffed at all the Cessna's parked. Really?! These people have no clue what they're missing! I can never go back now. Keep us updated! Are you going to continue lessons?

So, so, so, so, long......for me 22 years, since I was 13, that damned Airwolf!! I actually was a team leader at Cessna Independence until lay-off in April, and supervised and built the tail cone skins and engine mounts for the Citation Mustang, used to think they were cool, ha! I look forward to reading your post. Hell yea I am going to continue! Check out my plan in my other post, "financing issues? employment? I have a plan".

I started my training in July after about a year of research, planning, and deciding. Concluded that, if I was only going to fly as a hobby, then fixed-wing was the way to go, but since I was looking at it as a career, the diversity and thrill of the rotor-wing industry was much more appealing.

So, so, so, so, long......for me 22 years, since I was 13, that damned Airwolf!! I actually was a team leader at Cessna Independence until lay-off in April, and supervised and built the tail cone skins and engine mounts for the Citation Mustang, used to think they were cool, ha! I look forward to reading your post. Hell yea I am going to continue! Check out my plan in my other post, "financing issues? employment? I have a plan".

Yup, I knew I wanted to fly since I was five at my first airshow. I knew I wanted to fly helicopters since I was around 12. I knew I wanted to fly Blackhawks when I was 13. I'm 20. Not quite a 22 year wait, but long enough for me. Once school is over, I'm pulling pitch and going Army if they'll let me in for Warrant Officer Flight Training.

Your plan looks great - I just read and commented.

P.S. Csw - you should hop in the chat room!