Trauma TV series

deanathpc

Is there any of you rotor heads watching this show? I don't know about for you folks but this show drives me absolutely nuts as a Paramedic. Whomever their technical consultant is they should be fired! So many things that just aren't right.

Now as for the Helicopter portion I have a question. I think it was either the first or second episode that they landed on a building roof. No pad in place or anything like that. I was under the impression that landing on just any roof is a no no. mainly for the weight bearing purposes. For those of you who aren't watching it the Helo in quesiton is a Bell 212. Tail # N911NV which is registered to Rogers Helicopters Inc. in Fresno Ca.

I know I know I'm probably stirring up the pot here... But from my point of view the show drives me nuts.. So why should I be the only one!?!?!?! lol

Anyone with input?

I decided not to watch it from the first commercial when there were 28 helicopter crashes in 15 seconds.

As far as landing on any random roof, most flat roofs can handle quite a load. They usually have to account for snow sitting up there, unlike a slanted roof that can dump snow off, it just sits there and weighs down. I don't know about areas not prone to snowfall, but they also stack air conditioners up there, too...

Is your question how they landed there for the filming of it or the realism of the story? I'm sure they talked to some engineers to make sure the roof was up to par, or it was CG later.

I decided not to watch it from the first commercial when there were 28 helicopter crashes in 15 seconds.

As far as landing on any random roof, most flat roofs can handle quite a load. They usually have to account for snow sitting up there, unlike a slanted roof that can dump snow off, it just sits there and weighs down. I don't know about areas not prone to snowfall, but they also stack air conditioners up there, too...

Is your question how they landed there for the filming of it or the realism of the story? I'm sure they talked to some engineers to make sure the roof was up to par, or it was CG later.

Not to mention, the CG was terrible.

it is ridiculous isnt it? It seems from about as far from real as you can get, but then again its drama tv right haha?? In the second episode, the girl pilot stated that "All EMS pilots have to be paramedic certified." This isnt true accross the board is it? And whats with the blond paramedic who always has her shirt half undone? Im sure that paints a great image for the paramedics out there, the show is a joke but does have some typical tv entertainment, have to remember, it is NBC....

The sad part is, the first glimpse I saw of the ads for it, for a split second I was excited for the premise. This could have been a great show about the work EMS pilots/crew do and it is horrible. I know they need to work some drama in there, but give me a break...

That show SUCKS! Totally unrealistic. Now I understand why my wife always got so mad watching "ER".

Hopefully it will get cancelled mid-season with their other new crappy show "Mercy."

As for the new cop show "Southland", I'm waiting on that to come back on next week. Good show.

That show SUCKS! Totally unrealistic. Now I understand why my wife always got so mad watching "ER".

Hopefully it will get cancelled mid-season with their other new crappy show "Mercy."

As for the new cop show "Southland", I'm waiting on that to come back on next week. Good show.

Every time I read your posts, I read it with a Quagmire voice in my head...lol

Giggity giggity goo!

Edited by crashed_05

My Dads a firefighter and I got to go with him on a couple of medical aids and I go to say real paramedics are a lot more mature and less dramatic than that depicted in the tv show, they're a lot more professional in real life. During the crash scene they took off, lowered altitude, and did a turn around the building where they went head on with an AS350 that was also on the side of the building, I don't think Ive ever seen a helicopter fly that close except for lift jobs and such Whole show just drove me nuts. On a positive note though the EMS helicopter had a cool paint job lol I actually saw it fighting fire in southwest Nevada/ California border, the pilot actually mentioned the show and said "yep we crash on the first episode" lol

6373_113863132476_690232476_2743635.jpg

6373_113863157476_690232476_2743640.jpg

Edited by turbotay

NCIS, haww !

Trauma is meh, i only catch glimpses on commercials between Sharks games :).

The Office/30 Rock is where it's at !

The helos in Trauma are nifty, though :.

Even the new show "Community" is pretty funny

Nip/Tuck starts tonight btw

Is there any of you rotor heads watching this show? I don't know about for you folks but this show drives me absolutely nuts as a Paramedic. Whomever their technical consultant is they should be fired! So many things that just aren't right.

Now as for the Helicopter portion I have a question. I think it was either the first or second episode that they landed on a building roof. No pad in place or anything like that. I was under the impression that landing on just any roof is a no no. mainly for the weight bearing purposes. For those of you who aren't watching it the Helo in quesiton is a Bell 212. Tail # N911NV which is registered to Rogers Helicopters Inc. in Fresno Ca.

I know I know I'm probably stirring up the pot here... But from my point of view the show drives me nuts.. So why should I be the only one!?!?!?! lol

Anyone with input?

That show is friggin' hysterical. My wife hates watching these kinds of shows with me. She said I take all of the fun out of it. Oh well. If the shows weren't so lame, perhaps there wouldn't be anything to pick apart.

That show is friggin' hysterical. My wife hates watching these kinds of shows with me. She said I take all of the fun out of it. Oh well. If the shows weren't so lame, perhaps there wouldn't be anything to pick apart.

My wife and daughter say the same thing, lol.

I wish they would make a good LEO/Helicopter show. The LAPD aviation division comes to mind.

I forget where I heard it, but...

Talking about all the 'reality' shows, the X-Files has more to do with reality than about 98% of these shows.

76% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Wow did I ever stir up the pot or what? lol

Yes I was curious about just landing on any 'ole building. I know they are built to withstand a certain weight etc. but I figured a Helo would be pushing it is all.

Personally these shows always end up sucking just for the fact that everything is blown out of the water so bad. Being a Paramedic it's embarassing to say the least as the majority of us are in fact a hell of a lot more mature than what is portrayed! Or maybe I'd just like to think so! lol

I guess every job looks great from the outside but a job is a job. Maybe one day I'll have the job to end all jobs. Just wish I knew what that job is! :)

Never mind!!! I went to setup my Tivo for it [southland] next week and..........Cancelled! NBC cancelled it two weeks before the premier and are trying to sell it to another network or put it on cable.

I'm glad I dumped my GE stock because NBC is circling the drain.

Edit: Southland was cancelled, not Trauma (well, yet.)