Instrument Rating?

r22butters

Not if your ship doesn't have any IFR instruments. :huh:

I can see though, that trying to convince die hard instrument pilots to see where I'm coming from, is like trying to get a 300 pilot to like an R22. It just can't be done! :blink:

Its been a good debate though. :o :lol: :huh:

R22Butters,

Please understand I’m not trying to slam your opinion. It’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. However, I try to give a no BS assessment of what it takes to make a career in this business based on my experience. For example; NO ONE is forcing you to get the IFR ticket. Don’t get it. But guaranteed, your future employment options WILL BE limited. Furthermore, again, I’m not trying to convince anyone to like IFR and just like you said, “is like trying to get a 300 pilot to like an R22. It just can't be done” well I prefer to fly the 407 but I get PAID to fly the 350…… It is what it is……

BTW, this thread is reminiscent of the past SSH discussions which many decided to ignore. That is, ignore advice given from folks who’ve BTDT…….

Believe what you want to believe. For those of you who will listen, not having a IFR ticket is essentially career suicide, figuratively and possibly literally…….

Edited by Spike

The EMS accidents, or any specific phase of the industry really has no effect on this. But- the insurance companies will have statistical evidence supporting the IFR rating requirement. Is that one factor the silver bullet against all hazard? No. But you can bet the statistics support the premium reduction in insuring an all IFR-rated pilot population. "Uninsurable" often means not economically insurable, coverage is almost always available at some price for any risk.

Edited by Wally