are Helicopters becoming more popular?

I am based at Sana Paula, KSZP. It is a small private airport. The number of helicopters based here has rapidly increased. For many years there was just one antique bell 47 that stayed in the hangar. Then a Yellow R44 appeared in the hangar next door. The rides in that helicopter got me hooked on helicopters. A little R22 appeared in the tiedown area tightly wrapped in covers. Susie got her little red R22. Then a Black R44 moved in from Santa Barbara. A red TH55 was here for a while.

Meanwhile at Camarillo, KCMA, there was one helicopter flying school. Then another helicopter school came from Van Nuys. Now a third helicopter school has sprouted from one based in Arizona.

I know that I have become sensitized to helicopter activity, but this really seems like an increase in activity.

I am based at Sana Paula, KSZP. It is a small private airport. The number of helicopters based here has rapidly increased. For many years there was just one antique bell 47 that stayed in the hangar. Then a Yellow R44 appeared in the hangar next door. The rides in that helicopter got me hooked on helicopters. A little R22 appeared in the tiedown area tightly wrapped in covers. Susie got her little red R22. Then a Black R44 moved in from Santa Barbara. A red TH55 was here for a while.

Meanwhile at Camarillo, KCMA, there was one helicopter flying school. Then another helicopter school came from Van Nuys. Now a third helicopter school has sprouted from one based in Arizona.

I know that I have become sensitized to helicopter activity, but this really seems like an increase in activity.

Rick- I know at least some of that activity is based on economics. Rents are a whole lot cheaper at CMA and SZP than LGB or VNY.

When is the next BBQ at SZP? And where can I land and enjoy it?

Goldy