Commercial written exam

Just wondering which study books everyone used for the commercial written. I used gliem's in the past for fixed wing, but looks like they dont have anything covering helicopters. I guess I also need one that provides a means for an endorsement to take the written, b/c there isnt a helicopter CFI around here, or will any CFI work for a helicopter written sign off? I plan on trying to get the written out of the way before I start the training. Thanks in advance!

Here is the software I've used in the past, and currently my school is trying to get on all our computers for our students.

http://www.dauntless-soft.com/products/GroundSchool/

Technically, any CFI, BGI, or AGI could sign a written endorsment for ya, but you might be hard pressed to find one that would do it only based on your practice scores... I wouldn't anyway, I'd probably have to know you first. That's me and my opinion anyway.

You can go to Prepware.com, purchase practice tests for $14.95 for 5 tests, get an 80% or more on 3 send the results to ASA via internet and they will send you a signoff for your written.

I would also recommend ASA's test prep books as all of the heli questions are in it as well.

Kandace

I have been using the ASA cd's for the writtens. And I have been quite pleased with the results. It was like the answers just popped out at me. I did the CFI-H add-on and CFII-H add-on writtens and spent about 5 minutes each on them. Most of that time was spent doing the preliminary paperwork.

Ok, so I have another dumb question..lol! I took the CFII written when I took the instrument airplane written. Will I have to take a CFII written for helicopters too, or will the one I've already taken count?

Question. Do you already hold a CFII? If you do, all you have to do is take a 20 or 25 question written. It is a CFII add-on written. If not, I believe you have to do the full CFII written.

Question. Do you already hold a CFII? If you do, all you have to do is take a 20 or 25 question written. It is a CFII add-on written. If not, I believe you have to do the full CFII written.

Unfortunately I dont. I just took the CFII written right after I took my Instrumet airplane written test. Looks like Im gonna have to take the whole thing...oh well, shouldnt be too bad(I hope!) since Im current on IFR flying in the FW.