Intro, Updates, Advice

The DA photo for the board to send in.

I currently have a beard. Its neatly trimmed, but is it required to shave it all off for the photo when I wear the suit or do I just need to look neat?

I know for the board I will shave it off,, but my recruiter says as long as I look neat I dont have to shave everything off. What did you guys do?

I currently have a beard. Its neatly trimmed, but is it required to shave it all off for the photo when I wear the suit or do I just need to look neat?

I know for the board I will shave it off,, but my recruiter says as long as I look neat I dont have to shave everything off. What did you guys do?

It's not required for a civilian. With that said, you are applying for a job with a company which kind of has a history for being a stickler on a clean shaven appearance. A corporation that as a culture judges people on the appearance of their uniform, shave and haircut. Now, it's not required for a civilian, and wearing a beard for your picture is 100% personal choice, but in a competitive environment, where even the smallest detail may be the difference between you and John Q Schick, small things do matter. You could say that sometimes the difference between you and the other guy is razor thin.

Final advice. Do you.

• Like 1

I wouldnt give them any reason to say no. My advice is to ax the beard.

• Like 1

Get a turban and tell them your religion requires it. Then you can join the army and have a beard forever.

I feel like I've gone through flight school and selection with you, as much as I've read your posts on here lol. Good job! Might want to get a SAMs club card for the fridge fund at your first unit. They have great bulk deals ;)

I feel like I've gone through flight school and selection with you, as much as I've read your posts on here lol. Good job! Might want to get a SAMs club card for the fridge fund at your first unit. They have great bulk deals ;)

...and free samples!

• Like 1