Intro, Updates, Advice

So I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but had one quick question. Anyone ever heard of a WOFT applicant getting a waiver for not meeting the depth perception standards? Also good luck to the rest of you guys in the process, it looks like things are going well. On a side note I just visited Ft. Rucker to visit the museum and stop by PHPA, definitely got me wanting to fly for the Army again.

I'm gonna laugh when you do that on accident at WOCS, Marine. :lol:

If anyone Hooahs, Hoorahs, Arugahhs, Bazooooookas in my aircraft or any other they get thrown out immediately and covered with powder sugar until they are made to apologize for the egregious erroneous ways.

Welcome to Aviation. We speak in complete sentences here.

If anyone Hooahs, Hoorahs, Arugahhs, Bazooooookas in my aircraft or any other they get thrown out immediately and covered with powder sugar until they are made to apologize for the egregious erroneous ways.

Welcome to Aviation. We speak in complete sentences here.

Ooorahh, yes it is happening, it definitely is, in your aircraft SPECIFICALLY... :lol:

Edited by Marine4WOFT
  • Like 1

Ooorahh, yes it is happening, it definitely is, in your aircraft SPECIFICALLY... :lol:

I think Hooah is more of Infantry thing, correct me if I'm wrong but most pilots I've met don't really say it at all. One gave me such a weird look when I said Hooah Sir! I like rattling it off though it's such a great word, so many uses for it.

40 Days til ship! HOOAH!

Lucky lucky! What are you doing while you wait? Just relaxing?

Not really I'm working and working out pretty much everyday. And pt every week at the station. I have been trying to see friends before I leave, I start packing up stuff this week though so that should add to the chaos...

Ok so I thought I'd pm everyone who was on there way into the army with my real name so they can look me up on facebook. But I feel far to lazy to write all those pm's. So I'm Bryan White look me up on FB if you want to stay in touch as I leave for basic, rucker, ect. Just say your from VR Forum.

Well, I'm sick with the flu (this is day 6) so I had to postpone my flight physical, which would have been today. :angry:

Don't have a new date set yet.

What's the saying? "Patience breeds success."

Alright I have a friend who is active Marines he wants to drop a WOFT packet he a has a 6 year contract and is only 1.5 in. can he drop a packet?

If his CO is willing to sign a DD368(conditional release).

My .02 would be that as a Marine reservist myself, I can only imagine how difficult it may be for an active duty Marine still under contract to put together a packet with all that is involved. Not to mention the fact that his CO would have to be willing to not only let him transfer into the Army (inter-service rivalry) but not fulfill the 4.5 years that he has left contracted to the Marine Corps. The more I think about this I chuckle to myself a little bit because I can imagine that form getting passed up his chain of command till it reaches the CO's desk and everyone in his command becoming aware that he wants to transfer to the Army. I hope he has a strong hide! I know the amount of sh*t I got/get for it and I'm a reservist only having to see those people once a month. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Lindsey, you'll do fine at Fort Lewis.

My dad told me a story about when he was Stationed at McChord AFB and was scheduled for knee surgery at Fort Lewis, only to discover on the night before his surgery they had scheduled him for total knee reconstruction on the wrong knee and the surgery was to be performed by a doctor he'd never seen or heard of. The problem was he was only going in to have a small piece of torn cartilage removed on the opposite knee and it was suppose to be done though a scope, so he left. Dad was on flight status and wasn't about to let anyone ruin his flying career.