Intro, Updates, Advice

I do believe it is one page handwritten. I kept rewriting it, many times, until it was one page. Just draw faint lines in pencil for vertical spacing then erase them when you're done.

Edited by t.o.n.y

I am doing what t.o.n.y. said. I took a ruler and measured vertical lines on a piece of computer paper so I know i will have enough room. And now I am just slowly writing the whole paper as neatly as I can. Do they want the paper to be perfectly handwriting? I don't have the best handwriting, (Computers...) but I am doing my best to go as slow and neat as I can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got my flight physical scheduled for May 21st, only 4 months wait all together...

Also I may be getting a LOR from a 160th Warrant Officer aviator which will greatly increase my packets strength. I am shooting for the July cutoff as long as the flight physical goes without a problem. Is there a June cutoff that I am not aware of?

Hope everything is going smooth for everyone else working on WOFT packets.

• 1 month later...

Just a little update:

• Received a 4.0 in my first term for my Masters of Aeronautical Science through Embry-Riddle, starting my second term this week.
  • CFI (Flight Instructor) checkride this upcoming weekend

Haven't really made any progress on the PT front. I could make a million excuses (two jobs, studying for checkride, grad school), but really, I need to step it up. As of right now this is really my only limiting factor for putting in my WOFT packet.

On the plus side, JBLM now has all four airframes. This means that I do not have to pay for a flight to Rucker to get my flight physical waiver (5 cm too short for Total Arm Reach). I can now get this waiver at JBLM, once I retake my flight physical, as it expired this last month.

Once this checkride is over, it is gym time! Hopefully I will be working as a CFI at my flight school, building flight time and continuing to learn as I put together my WOFT packet. It's been a long, long road, but overall a very successful and exciting journey so far.

All roads lead to Rucker.

• Like 1

Lindsey, you are way overprepared for flight school. Go do PT, get the waiver, and drop that packet. Seriously. There are plenty of short girls flying here. One girl I know wanted to fly 64s but couldn't fit the cockpit so they stuck her in 58s. No big deal. Flying doors off 5 feet from the trees isn't such a rough life for them anyway.

• Like 2

I agree.....you are almost "over-qualified"! When you get down here you will realize it. I was the same way. Worked on all my civilian ratings, knocked out my undergrad, and believed I had to put in my active duty time with multiple deployments....then I arrived at Rucker. Mostly people here are well qualified, but there are still a few that are street to street that just got out of high school and daddy was an 0-6 or CW-5.

Drop it! Good luck!

Congrats!

I was about two weeks out from my CFI before I got orders down here, and ended up canceling my check ride. I used my orders as an excuse...wish I had sucked it up and checked. Like you know, once you have it, it's something you will have forever to fall back on or use at will.