R22 prices tanking?

permison

Two years ago when I was looking at buying a used R22 prices were well about 100k. I'm not in the market right now but occasionally I take a peek. Prices seem to have tanked for R22s. I saw a R22 HP for less than 50K. 10 hours out of rebuild (isn't they 50K by itself?) Brand new blades. Over 2000 available on on components. No damage history. This should be a 120K ship but it's going at a significant amount less. This is just one example of ships for sale. Is this a symptom of the crash of SSH or something else?

Just one thought. Pay close attention to how many years ago that overhaul was......its only good for 12 years. If this is the ship I think it is, that time is over. This is basically then a non flyable ship in need of an overhaul, regardless of how many hours are left on it.

Back to the original thought, yes this is a good time to buy. If you don't have cash, don't even bother trying to get an aviation loan today.

Goldy

Just one thought. Pay close attention to how many years ago that overhaul was......its only good for 12 years. If this is the ship I think it is, that time is over. This is basically then a non flyable ship in need of an overhaul, regardless of how many hours are left on it.

Back to the original thought, yes this is a good time to buy. If you don't have cash, don't even bother trying to get an aviation loan today.

Goldy

Yep that one was overhauled in 1997...

Hey Goldy...do you know of any aviation loans at all out there? Under $100k loans?

Yep that one was overhauled in 1997...

Hey Goldy...do you know of any aviation loans at all out there? Under $100k loans?

All horror stories. Dont know of even one lender that can actually make a deal happen. And thats with credit scores over 800, and 30% down loans. They will all lead you down the road, and tell you to apply, but they are all dead ends!

Two years ago, I could get 150K for an R22 by filling out an on line application on AOPA website and have approval in under an hour.

Thats what makes leasing more attractive right now. Schools have gone under, so there is more inventory available, and they WANT to give you a ship. I know of several if you need any names.

Goldy

All horror stories. Dont know of even one lender that can actually make a deal happen. And thats with credit scores over 800, and 30% down loans. They will all lead you down the road, and tell you to apply, but they are all dead ends!

Two years ago, I could get 150K for an R22 by filling out an on line application on AOPA website and have approval in under an hour.

Thats what makes leasing more attractive right now. Schools have gone under, so there is more inventory available, and they WANT to give you a ship. I know of several if you need any names.

Goldy

Yep thats why I'm trying to sell mine so I can go lease an IFR 300...but no one can come up with the cash so I'm trying to help them out by finding loans for them...I'll let them know about AOPA though, who knows they might get lucky since its only about an $80k loan...

Just wondering where you found the HP for under 50k? Thanks
haha look at his feedback -1 (Misrepresented helicopter as rebuilt when "runout" will not return deposit)

Run from this one. 10 hrs since the 1997 overhaul, yet they replaced the blades in 2007 and it has a current annual??? No way.

Nothing wrong with a HP though. CG was futher forward because of the battery, lower tail, no aux tank, but it was still a good for local flying. The Alpha model would be a good buy too......everything that a Beta has minus the aux tank, rotor brake, and a few other minor things.

"If" they complied with these foote notes from the type certificate, it shouldn't be an experimental cert.

R22 Type Cert link

NOTE 5. Lycoming O-320-A2C, with Retard Magneto Starting System, eligible on S/Ns 0002 thru 0300, 0302 thru 0349, and 0352 thru 0356 helicopters.

NOTE 6. Lycoming O-320-B2C installed on S/Ns 0175 and 0200 thru 2570 in production. It may be installed in prior S/N helicopters if the following parts are changed; Robinson P/Ns B193-2 (Window Plate - Instrument Cluster), A145-3 (Engine), A600-2 (Manifold Pressure Gauge), and A654-40 & -41 (Decals).

NOTE 7. Deleted as of April 25, 2001.

NOTE 8. The R22 "Police Helicopter" configuration requires Flight Manual Supplement 3, dated March 27, 1984 or later.

NOTE 9. The R22 MARINER with floats installed is limited to daylight VFR operation only.

NOTE 10. R22 ALPHA S/N 0364 was converted to an R22 MARINER by the manufacturer. The original R22 ALPHAdata plate was removed and replaced with an R22 MARINER data plate S/N 0364M.

NOTE 11. Lycoming O-360-J2A installed on S/N 2571 and subsequent in production. Retrofit installations of the O-360-J2A engines may only be accomplished at the Robinson Helicopter Company.