Moving to CO

permison

Ok I think I have spent my last 3 hours a day in DC traffic just to deal with brain dead gov customers. Time to leave the area. I am looking at Denver or Colorado Springs. Anyone out there got some advice for a fellow rotorhead or a room to rent for a month or two? I am going to pack the dog in the Jeep, give away the couch and dinning room set throw everything else in a trailer and just head west.

Send a PM over to Dennis at Rocky Mountain.....he may know something

Thanks Goldy. I just happend to be looking at thier website. Do you know his screenname? Do you also know if anyone out there has rental aircraft to keep my currency up? I don't mind enrolling as a student. Still need to get my CFI.

Not sure I have much info about Denver, but I live in Vail and would be happy to supply you with any info that would help.

Thanks Goldy. I just happend to be looking at thier website. Do you know his screenname? Do you also know if anyone out there has rental aircraft to keep my currency up? I don't mind enrolling as a student. Still need to get my CFI.

Hey Bud, thanks Goldy, sorry for the delay.. i was actually skiing yesterday!! We had 70 degrees the day before and snow yesterday.. i love Colorado!

Permison, i'll send you my phone number in a pm...

dp

Send a PM over to Dennis at Rocky Mountain.....he may know something

oh yeah, that would be Jack at Rocky Mountain Rotorcraft.. you can look up their website. A really good operation here in Denver and a great guy. They have a 300, an enstrom and an R44.. all really nice ships.

we are still Colorado Heli-Ops. :-)

dp

Good luck with the move Perm - hope you can get settled quickly and into a new routine that helps you progress towards your goal, and glad you came to the right decision. Gotta say that the left coast idiot 'leaders' who are sinking this once great state, we might be getting out of hellifornia and heading that way (at least that will be one of the targets on the map). Keep us posted on how you are liking things there...good and bad.

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Hey Gang thanks for all the PMs about where to move and possible job ops. I am not going to be looking for aviation work when I get out there though I might be looking to get my CFI from someone and looking for rentals to maintain my currency.

I own a small business here in DC doing IT work which I will be closing down here and possibly restarting out there. It sounds like a lot of aviation companies are hanging on by a thread.

I really need the change of scenery and people. Plus I am not going to miss fighting with over 10 million people (Commuters from MD and VA) all trying to get into the city every day.

I'll keep you posted on how things go.

I really need the change of scenery and people. Plus I am not going to miss fighting with over 10 million people (Commuters from MD and VA) all trying to get into the city every day.

I'll keep you posted on how things go.

Best move I made was Boston to Seattle. I knew I was in a better place when one of my co-workers complained that "people here have gotten so rude--they don't even wave when you let them in your lane."

Best move I made was Boston to Seattle. I knew I was in a better place when one of my co-workers complained that "people here have gotten so rude--they don't even wave when you let them in your lane."

:lol: People are shooting at each other when someone gets ahead of them in line. So people that actually will let you merg can give me the finger if they want. If I am not dogging bullets and can merg into traffic without putting my life on the line I'll be a happy camper. There does seem to be something about the East Coast though. Course this could all just be a whole grass is greener thing.

Course this could all just be a whole grass is greener thing.

It's not. I have a hundred stories of East Coast douchebaggery...after a while I got wrapped into it. One night I was making my 45-minute drive to the gym and went by a motorcycle gang in the opposite lane. Probably 60 of them, all with middle fingers raised. Yeah, that about summed up the general feeling out there most days.

Yeah, no kidding. I strongly believe it's because there are too many people packed into too close to each other. When you have million dollar homes 5 feet from each other you get a little claustrophobic and people get wound too tight. I don’t know anyone who is happy around here. Well thankfully I dodged a bullet and didn’t get married last year or I would be stuck here.

I happen to ride bikes as well (both sport and cruisers) but around here you take your live in hand with all the anger on the roads. My sport bike group lost a well respected and loved female member a few years ago because a taxi driver wanted her spot on the highway. He just moved into her lane figuring she would move. He actually used that as a defense in court.

Well here’s to greener pastures and blue skies. : :

:huh: (what no raise a beer Emoticon? Lynn...you're going to have to do something about that)

Well you can keep it going till you hit the other pond.

Im in Portland,OR and love it here.....(From LAS/PHX)

Land of the Lumber Luggers.....

Permison, I watched a news report about a new place to stay for free on your way out west. It's called Couchsurfing. People are opening up their homes for free and let you stay on a couch or sometimes in a bed. There is a lot on the web page about how it works and if it is safe. The web site is couchsurfing.org just something to help you out!

Permison, I watched a news report about a new place to stay for free on your way out west. It's called Couchsurfing. People are opening up their homes for free and let you stay on a couch or sometimes in a bed. There is a lot on the web page about how it works and if it is safe. The web site is couchsurfing.org just something to help you out!

Yeah I know all about couch surfing. All my Rock Climbing granola friends are into it. I've got a dog so right off the bat that’s a little difficult, plus I've heard some pretty rough stories about some of the people who let strangers sleep on the couch. I have a girlfriend who is supermodel hot, an incredible rock climber and thankfully a black belt (she’s also stone deaf but you would never know it) course between helicopters and drums so am I, could be why she hangs out with me. Anyway she took a trip to go climb outside of Vancouver BC earlier this year and nearly got attacked by the guy whose couch she was on. So be carful with that stuff. Me I'm staying at the red roof in in St. Louis. Typical pilot I've already planned out fuel stops and overnight stays.

Edited for speeling and grammer (sorry out in the backyard waiting on the meteors and drank a little too much rum). Drinking and surfing the Internet, ought to be a law or somethig.

I play a little guitar as well. Sadly the acoustic set I have had for over 10 years is up on Craig’s list. Sill have my electric set which I will throw in the trailer. Shockingly I sold most of what I was getting rid of in 2 days. Paid for my trip 3 times over. The hope is I get enough to waste the winter on the ski slopes ($599 for all you can eat epic pass!) and either restart my IT business out there or find a real job. The really cool thing is I sent out a mass email to all my current customers and got slammed with work that will keep me busy right up to the day I leave.

Take note kids! Have a fall back career besides aviation.

And no I am still not freaked out that I am dropping everything here in the middle of a recession and heading for the wild frontier. Could be worse, I could have married my ex-girlfriend, bought a house, just had a baby and be freaked out how I was going to pay for everything in the middle of a recession. I’m thinking I dodged a bullet or six of them. And I got the dog! Am I lucky or what????

The hope is I get enough to waste the winter on the ski slopes ($599 for all you can eat epic pass!)

don't waste your money on the Epic Pass unless you plan on a trip to and have a free place to stay at Heavanly. Otherwise just grab the Summit pass. or better yet the rocky mountain super pass +. Better Mountains, though that can get to be a r-22 vs s300 level debate pretty quickly out here.

If you ever want to go hit the hill with someone give me a PM. That goes for anyone on here that finds themselves in CO